7l Pressure Cooker For $20

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matho

The Braumiser
Reaction score
I was just at the reject shop in winmalee (blue mountains NSW), they had 7l aluminium pressure cooker for $20 so i bought one

DSCF1155.JPG

the dimensions are 24 cm diameter and 17cm high to the lip

will be using it soon to sterilise when i start making slants

cheers matho

I was just at the reject shop in winmalee (blue mountains NSW), they had 7l aluminium pressure cooker for $20 so i bought one

View attachment 42088

the dimensions are 24 cm diameter and 17cm high to the lip

will be using it soon to sterilise when i start making slants

cheers matho

Sick, thanks for posting mate!

I'll head up to my local at Macquarie Centre today to see if I can score one.

Pressure cooker + Reject shop are two words which shouldn't be put together. Anyone that has seen one of these go bang will know what I mean. Much shite all over the ceiling . :eek:
Gb

Pressure cooker + Reject shop are two words which shouldn't be put together. Anyone that has seen one of these go bang will know what I mean. Much shite all over the ceiling . :eek:
Gb

yeah that is what a guy at work said I was going to risk it... but couldnt find one.... Brought a buddhas head instead...

just a tip, if you want a no frills pressure cooker, try a fairly good indian grocery, Indians pressure cook so much.... its not even funny. I get a funny look from mum when I'm cooking lentils for a burger in a normal pot.

And if its got an ISI mark on it, thats a good thing, they do the standards certification in India and its known to be pretty reliable for engineered stuff. Try not to buy one without stamped or provided quality marks.

* ISI = Indian Standards Institution, all legally sold dangerous stuff, electricals etc need to have the ISI test and approve the product.

The lids about 3mm thick and the bodies about 2.5mm it has a safety pressure relief Valve
And it also has a tuv and GS signs on it
I know it's cheap but it doesn't look like it's going to blow up

Cheers matho

I saw those the other day in geelong and another alcohol device came to mind... :ph34r: the fine could pay for a lot of equipment though :D considering the news about certain 'room's in Geelong recently...

I have a baby bottle sanitiser that i do my lids, funnel and spoon in but a mini autoclave does sound better :lol:

What pressure does it work at? we use 121c @ 20psi for 15 min for biological sterilisation.

Cheers,
Joel

And it also has a tuv and GS signs on it

These are the German safety control institutions, no reason not to trust anything carrying these labels, unless it's obviously damaged.

Florian

Back