$7 Italian Spiral Burner

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clean brewer

Obsessed Home Brewer
Reaction score
Hello all,

I just love my local tip recycling, picked up this burner today for $7, its spiral and Italian..

IMG_0080.JPG
STA_0081.JPG
IMG_0086.JPG
IMG_0087.JPG

Picked up a heavy duty Metal stand that this sits on nicely aswell for $5, save me lifting a 50ltr keg full of boiling hot wort onto a bench to drain into a cube, pics later of that...

Cheers

You tip rat you!
Damn good find, you gotta be happy with that! mmmmm... spirals :wub:

Now that is a good deal, tip shops are awsome. Got a $10 super lightweight bicycle last time I scored a deal.

Great burner! Well done :icon_chickcheers:

I popped into the local tip here on Tuesday actually and picked up a SS counterflow chiller for $12. Its a bloody gold mine. :D

If you dare type that you got the reg included for that price, I'm personally gonna slip $50 into PoMo's pocket on the Sydney pub crawl to ban your IP address.... *******!... :p

Nah just kidding... great score, dude! Good to see someone have a win... :super:

Freakin' sweet dude.
I'll buy it for $14 - 100% markup, not bad...

If you dare type that you got the reg included for that price, I'm personally gonna slip $50 into PoMo's pocket on the Sydney pub crawl to ban your IP address.... *******!... :p

Nah just kidding... great score, dude! Good to see someone have a win... :super:

Mate, Im always there on the look out for one, there is always heaps of BBQS etc there, just gotta go there all the time with $ as there is always something that pops up, just like today.. As soon as I saw it, I knew I had scored and when I asked him how much? He replies "that looks like a solid burner" I replied "yeh, its a bit rusty but not too bad" he replies "$7 bucks mate", i was rapped..

IMG_0088.JPG
IMG_0091.JPG

This is the stand I got for $5 aswell, fits the burner nicely, just needs a clean up and a paint and ill tack weld the Burner to it...

CB :beer:

Just being a little anal here, but if you're going to balance 50L of boiling wort on it like in the pics, just make sure the screws holding those three legs into the body of the burner are still good and solid. They're dodgy enough when brand new, let alone rusty and old. Hate to see you scald you or any of your beloved if it turned pear shaped...

Yeah it does look a little rusty. You had better send it to me for disposal. I can also always pick it up next time I am in the bay and then dispose of it for you.

Cheers
Gavo.

Why do I always have to pay a premium price for everything? <_< No curbside giveaways clean ups, tip sales, nothing.

I was going to say something similar.
I know nothing about these burners but having a 50L keg of boiling wort on a rusty stand and burner would make me very nervous.
But you said in the first post that you lift the keg onto a bench to drain it , so maybe you are young and nimble enough to get out of the way if things go pear shaped.

Hey, if I found one of these at the tip , I would have it in a heartbeat
Great find

Cheers Schooey,

One leg is a bit wobbly, they are very solid but ill clean it all up and prob chuck some welds on them aswell or some new bolts and nuts.. ;)

Shit, ive been lifting a 50ltr keggle with 22ltrs hot wort up onto a bench high enough to drain into a cube(yes, very primitive) and burnt a big hole in my shorts the other night, after that it was time to get the keggle higher and no more lifting, both came along at the right time...

CB
:beer:

Yeah, I lift my kettle onto a burner stand every batch. Last one was 36 litres....getting too old for this (43).

If you are in Melbourne you can pick up these exact same burners for $18.40 from a place in Cheltenham.

http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/inde...st&p=358692

This one is still Italian, has all the markings that it was made in italy, those cheaper ones I definetley would not trust as that cast iron would probably just snap, bloody cheap imitations... <_<

Yeah, I lift my kettle onto a burner stand every batch. Last one was 36 litres....getting too old for this (43).

Im only 32 but still, lifting a hot keggle with 20 odd litres hot wort worries me... Im worried that ill drop it and waste my time making it, its not the burns.. :unsure:

This one is still Italian, has all the markings that it was made in italy, those cheaper ones I definetley would not trust as that cast iron would probably just snap, bloody cheap imitations... <_<

Fair enough, seems like a pretty good deal then. I've been very happy with my Italian one from Cellar Plus.

Cheers Schooey,

One leg is a bit wobbly, they are very solid but ill clean it all up and prob chuck some welds on them aswell or some new bolts and nuts.. ;)

Shit, ive been lifting a 50ltr keggle with 22ltrs hot wort up onto a bench high enough to drain into a cube(yes, very primitive) and burnt a big hole in my shorts the other night, after that it was time to get the keggle higher and no more lifting, both came along at the right time...

CB
:beer:

Dude make a brew stand your making me cringe,Top stuff on the burner might have to go myself.

Latest posts

Back