6 Craft Beers I Should Put On Restaurant Menu

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
straying :icon_offtopic: a bit, I didn't know SCB had anything in bottles other than the Chilli Beer & Ginger Kegs? Be good if they have.

...hi winkle, we bottle our Hefe, Best Bitter and Summer Ale as well....i have brewed fresh batches of all three in the last couple of weeks...all will be in bottles again in the next couple....

...thanks for the recomendations Screwy & Beersom...

...Clean Brewer, would love to hear from you, assuming you haven't been in contact with the boss already...

...Scott...

As far as the Restaurant goes, most of the plebs will be drinking Mega-swill, probably more so VB, CROWN, XXXX etc etc, just for the record, these customers wouldn't know what Beer-Food-Wine matching is and wouldnt give a shit if if I tried to persuade them.

Cheers

LOL....nothing like a good oldfashioned slagging to encourage current and potential clientele. :D

stagga.

Corona - the best selling beer ever :icon_vomit: . Has to stay..

Tough to sell off that......cannot for the life of me think of one beer to suggest as a gateway off that stuff!!!! Maybe if your Corona is priced high enough you could price AU micro beer 50c per unit below the Corona until sales of craftbeer build. The beer will speak for it's self just gotta get them to try it.

Plenty to choose from, the Sunny Coast beers are good, and for the head up arse brigade there is even Laguna Bay Lager "from Neusa Dahling" shh it's brewed at Burleigh :)

That counts me out ! I never look vulnerable.Katie you are ....... Spesh.I luv your spelling as usaual ?
GB

when I say it I can't hear the L...

Hey Neville it's about time we catch up for a beer... Vietnam is over so no excuses... IPA's at the Sail the swagger down to Clancy's.....

Oh, just trying OBrien Brewing Gluten Free Lager, quite nice..
Glad to hear you enjoyed it - just scored a bronze at AIBA too :D .

If it starts moving ok and you want to get it by the carton then let me know.

Cheers, Andrew.

Glad to hear you enjoyed it - just scored a bronze at AIBA too :D .

If it starts moving ok and you want to get it by the carton then let me know.

Cheers, Andrew.

Yeh, There is a lot of Gluten Free people that come through, I would really like to promote the Craft Beers, as I said ill just start it off little and ill get in contact if it goes well, slowly slowly.. If it did go off well, id like to get some small promotian material to put it out there even more.. ;)

Jody :icon_cheers:

Just a thought, but how about combos? Corny, but with the right advertising it could work. Add a discount for 1 beer w meal and each same beer after slightly less than standard selling price.

E.g.
Mexican based and Corona
Slow cooked meat based stews/casseroles with a Cascade Stout. It's an easy entry level to a style most people wouldn't even go near.
Dairy based meals with a Coopers Sparkling Ale.
Vego based with gluten free pasta/bread and gluten free beer.
Fish based with an Asian style larger.

List is endless...
Could even go seasonal.

What's your best selling items?

Just a thought, but how about combos? Corny, but with the right advertising it could work. Add a discount for 1 beer w meal and each same beer after slightly less than standard selling price.
Just need to watch the laws in Queensland about alcohol promotions... Not sure about the discounting. It's something to do with encouraging people to drink more.

Those "buy x amount of beers get a free hat" are illegal here now. As are discounts for buying a certain number. You'll notice places like hogsbreath do their "bucket price" for their beer specials even if you buy a single beer.

:icon_offtopic: Does this include bottle shops? ie. are case prices for beer just 24x the single bottle price?
No it only includes where the drinks are consumed on premises. You can't do 2 for 1's, or prizes. You can reduce the price of drinks, but you can't advertise in such a way that you encourage people to drink more. You can't advertise "Beer 1/2 price!", but if your normal price is $6, then you can advertise "Beer $3". It's strange stuff.... If you want to know the full deal check the Liquor Act 1992, and/or the Liquor Regulation 2002.

Latest posts

Back