• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

$599 Kegerator including 4L/2.6kg Co2 bottle: Too good to be true

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Am I right to think that two disconnects hook up directly to the post mix keg, and one goes to gas and the other to beer? And both of these disconnects are exactly the same?

So either the link above, which is the ball lock disconnect barb,

or

Ball Lock Disconnect MFL Thread

Tey one of our sponsors for a -4 kegorator. Cheeky peak brewery...

600 is a fair amount of cash... so is 900, and relatively speaking only 50% more... and you get to have 3 taps on for 5 years as opposed to one.

If it was me I'd delay the purchase a few months and start buying homebrand baked beans, and turning lights off in rooms noone's in.

One other thing to watch with the cheaper kegerators is they don't actually fit 3 * 19L kegs in. I can only just squeeze 2 * 19L and 1 * 12L keg in.

The more expensive ones will fit the 3 big kegs in.

And having one tap blows. You really want 2 or 3 taps.

There is a byo article on building a font from PVC tubing. That will get you 3 taps for cheap.

Cheeky peak are good for prices. But what is your location in Australia? Guessing Melbourne.

Look up pinnacle wholesalers. They also sell barebones kegmasters for ~440 each or with font and tap as well.
I'd personally get a barebones from them and order a ss font and taps from cheeky peak to complete the setup.

mod: I've updated the title to reflect the correct bottle sizing, it will make it clearer for people reading this.

kev: Personally I have a 3 tap kegerator in the house and also a normal fridge converted to a kegerator in the carport/workshop. These purpose built kegerators look nice for display within the house, I changed the craftbrewer supplied taps for perlick flow control ones to get a better beer from them. For a great beer I prefer the homemade kegerator as the tap goes directly into the cold area, and not sitting up on a hot font / heat sink.

slcmorro said:
I'd go with the fact that maybe he'd have more money after Uni and can actually afford what he wants. Don't hate.
Not hateing, just some friendly advice. "drink now for tomorrow there may be work, wife and kids." I'm still kept awake at night regretting all the time i wasted drinking Kit and Kilo abominations when i had all the time and the constitution to drink vast amounts quality home crafted beer.

You don't have to drink a vast amount to enjoy a few quality home brews old timer

Latest posts

Back