500ml craft beer bottles - Melbourne

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carniebrew

Brewvy baby, brewvy!
Reaction score
For those of you not aware, we've been organising a bulk buy of 500ml craft beer bottles. The bottles are from Plasdene, and I've purchased a pallet of 1,800 bottles. The price per bottle drops from around 85c to around 37c per bottle when you buy an entire pallet. 37c is excellent value for a quality 500ml amber beer bottle (see pic at bottom of post).

There are still 200 bottles from the pallet to be allocated, as one of our original sharers had to pull out. If there's demand, I'd also look to give up 100 of my original allocation of 200, as I've moved to kegging my main beers, so don't need as many as I first thought.

The bottles have been delivered to a warehouse in Richmond, where one of our pallet sharers (Mardoo) works. We're finalising a date to meet up there and do the split, the current target is March 15. However, even if you can't make the split, one of the guys who can should be able to take your allocation back to your place for collection at a later date.

So, if you want any of the available 300, please add your name to the list and PM me, I'll send you my bank details.

Current List:
carniebrew: 200 (will go down to 100)
Tex083: 100
Mardoo: 400
Prince Imperial: 100
Idzy: 300
Franks: 200
maldridge: 100
New-Guy: 200
Total: 1,600

500ml_bottle.jpg

Hi Carnie

I'm still keen for my lot.

+1 for the 15th. I'm making my way to Melbourne for the grain bulk buy anyway, so I'd be good to get both jobs knocked over on the same day. I've got other commitments, but I'll spare as much time as possible to help you split.

Thanks for organising.

Ok we're back to 1,800 with Don Mateo jumping in. If anyone else still wants in, feel free to post a "Anyone want to give up some of theirs" reply to try your luck.

Current List:
carniebrew: 100
Idzy: 300
Don Mateo 300
Total: 1,800

So we splitting up next Saturday?

Sounds like a plan to me. Enough folks can do it Saturday the 15th and I can hold for Sunday pickup for those who can't. Carniebro, final call is yours. Whaddaya reckon?

Let's lock in Saturday arvo, March 15. I'll have my trailer and the Territory, so can take other people's boxes home too if needed.

The total for our pallet was $707.43. We add $40 for Mardoo to buy a slab for the Lord of the Warehouse, that makes $747.43. Then apparently I will get $92 back when I return the pallet and dividers, so we end up with $655.43. Divide that by 1,800 bottles, and we get the very tidy price of 36.41277777777778 cents per bottle. Good time to note that 330ml bottles from Liquorcraft are 71.6 cents per bottle, and their 640ml are $1.41, so we're doing really well here!

Given nobody's buying less than 100, let's call it $36.41 per 100 bottles. I'll PM my bank details, please fix me up by say Tuesday next week in order to lock in your allocation, or we go to the waiting list...

Awesome, sounds good fellas!

I cant do the 15th I'm working at the Australian F1 GP so anyone from the North West? I live in Pascoe Vale and need someone to pick up my small allocation of 100.
If you can help let me know.
Cheers.
I will give you a couple of full 640ml home made craft beers for your trouble.

Tex083 said:
I cant do the 15th I'm working at the Australian F1 GP so anyone from the North West? I live in Pascoe Vale and need someone to pick up my small allocation of 100.
If you can help let me know.
Cheers.
I will give you a couple of full 640ml home made craft beers for your trouble.
Tex - I will grab ur bottles
I am in pascoevale as well

I intended to request 100 in my post yesterday but my mac apparently had an aversion to me spilling coffee over it. Bugger. Never mind may be next time

If you would like 100 I am happy to part with 100.

You're a good man Idzy. Here's the new list with Black n Tan included:

Current List:
carniebrew: 100
Idzy: 200
Don Mateo 300
Black n Tan: 100
Total: 1,800

Tex083 said:
Thanks New_guy
What day and time suits you to pick them up? I could make it Saturday after work. I finish at 8.
No drama - you can come round Sunday if it's easier
We are home till 12 midday
Will PM address

Yes sir, we split the pallet up on Saturday and everyone finally has their bottles. This thing has been a long time in the organising. Please don't ask me to do another one!

You could always start another thread to see if you can find enough buyers for another 1,800 bottles. They're great quality, heavy, good looking bottles, and at under 40c each they were an absolute bargain.

We had the luxury of Mardoo's warehouse workplace to have them delivered to, and he was able to get us a heap of boxes to split them up into (20 to a box means 90 boxes). But if you could organise the boxes, and at least 4 or 5 guys to split the pallet, you could probably convince Plasdene to let you do it in their car park. Good luck with that though, they treated us pretty poorly throughout the whole thing.

Latest posts

Back