50% Off 4 Or 6 Packs At 1st Choice If You Check In Using Foursquare

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went to North Rocks Yesterday and Today, was hoping for some Belgians or English, but they only had Aussies in 4-6 packs, grabbed an Alpha Pale Ale and a Stone and Wood.

They had an alright variety in singles, Grabbed a few, Old Engine Oil, 3 Monts off the top of the head.

Is there a 1st Choice in Melbourne City?
I will be there for a week from the 23rd and would love to get some cheap beers for late night drinks in my hotel room. Staying at Novotel on Collins.
Cheers
Nige

I dont have an i phone,will it work on an i pod touch?
:icon_cheers:

Is there a 1st Choice in Melbourne City?
I will be there for a week from the 23rd and would love to get some cheap beers for late night drinks in my hotel room. Staying at Novotel on Collins.
Cheers
Nige
There is one in Bay st Port Melbourne which is only 7 km from the cbd...if that helps ? Cab or tram ride ?

Forget Ringwood. Ordinary choice now. Lots of Aussie stuff incl holgate etc but bugger all good imports now.

is it 50% off only 1 6 pack at a time?
might pop in this arvo

is it 50% off only 1 6 pack at a time?
might pop in this arvo

Yes 1 six or four pack, per day, per store, per person I think. But there is no monitoring or swiping the voucher, they swipe a barcode that is on the counter- so you can give your phone to your mate or partner who can go straight back in the store and use it again. The places I went to they didn't even read the voucher.

I found a cluster of stores in Melbourne in the Eastern Surburbs yesterday that were pretty close and went round to 3 of them

For Melbourne people here what I found at some of the stores:

Balwyn - best I could do was S&W pacific ale, the range here was probably the smallest
Ashburton - Coopers vintage ale, good range of English beers (but not in 4 or 6 packs)
Chadstone - knappstein lager. The girl in front of me used her discount to get a sixer of Bud, still overpriced :rolleyes:

The problem with most of the foreign beers is they don't display a 4 or 6 pack price, next time I'm going to ask if they allow the deal if you buy 6 of the same thing, but I wouldn't be suprised if thats not allowable.

Not sure if I want that, the deal yes, but is it worth the deal?
Everyone knowing where you are and probably guessing what you're doing at a certain address?

You have the option of not sharing with friends. I just went there, got a Coopers vintage 6er for $12 (radiuse tomorrow), and didn't use facebook. Used a gmail account instead.

Great deal. I think you can do it once at each store.

Y
For Melbourne people here what I found at some of the stores:

Balwyn - best I could do was S&W pacific ale, the range here was probably the smallest
Ashburton - Coopers vintage ale, good range of English beers (but not in 4 or 6 packs)
Chadstone - knappstein lager. The girl in front of me used her discount to get a sixer of Bud, still overpriced :rolleyes:

The problem with most of the foreign beers is they don't display a 4 or 6 pack price, next time I'm going to ask if they allow the deal if you buy 6 of the same thing, but I wouldn't be suprised if thats not allowable.

The radiuse you can get a 6er of. It doesn't come as a 6-pack, but gives the 6 pack price on the tag. You just grab 6 of them.
Same with most of them.

R

Apparently, you can log in to any store.. without going to the store. You can also save screen shots, and send them to other people that are NOT registered on 4square and they just display the screen shot of being logged in to that address... Probably not legal.. but it works very well I am told....

foursquare works on android and blackberry... .NigeP62 stores listed below close to the city..public transport goes past the door
1st Choice 120 Bay St Port Melbourne (03) 9644 3500 3.6kms (Bus No 250 - Garden City - La Trobe University)
1st Choice 320 Epsom Rd Ascot Vale (03) 9371 4000 5.6kms (Tram No 57 - West Maribyrnong - City Elizabeth St )
1st Choice Mt Alexander Rd & Homer St Moonee Ponds (03) 9373 5100 6.4kms
1st Choice Toorak Road & Tooronga Road Glen Iris (03) 9828 1100 8.0 kms

coopers vintage ale x 6 $12.50 cannon hill
punk ipa x 4 $9 waterloo hotel valley
leffe blonde x 6 lutwyche

in one hour ! very good deal ! wish all the beer they stock where available in 4 or 6 pack option, most really good ones are single or carton format only . but still cant complain at all. looks like my beer cellar is going to get a rather large intake this month !

wonder if uncle dans will match this offer ? might be worth a try ?

We just went to 1ts Choice on North East road. There was no Moo Brew Or Vintage ale :( Ended up getting a sixer of Hofbrau and LC pilsner.

Thanks northside, wondered where I could get leffe 6 packs. Got a 4 pack of knappstein reserve lager at morayfield. Mostly aussie beer in 4 or 6 packs there. How much business are these guys going to do this month? Surely this is at or below cost.

Thanks northside, wondered where I could get leffe 6 packs. Got a 4 pack of knappstein reserve lager at morayfield. Mostly aussie beer in 4 or 6 packs there. How much business are these guys going to do this month? Surely this is at or below cost.

the leffe was six single bottles but they did have a six pack price of $29.99 on the shelf so it worked. had some raduse too.
yes does seem very cheap or are we just paying way too much usually?

Latest posts

Back