5 Star Weldless Elements

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jase

Reaction score
Hi there,

I'm in the market for 2 x 2400 watt elements, and after much searching and researching on this site, I think I've settled on 5 star weldless elements. I noticed a post on their element guards, but thought I'd start a new post discussing their elements.

What's everyones experience with these elements?

Do you have the weldless elements or the weldless elements and guard kit? Are the kits worth the additional $$$s?

I'm happy to consider other brands/suppliers, if people have had good experience with those brands/suppliers.

Cheers,
Jase

I have the non-weldless element with the guard kit. It's definitely well made and weighs a ton. Rather expensive but seems like it should be better than some of the cheaper options. A friend of mine bought the 3600w and put it in an espresso machine and he says it's way better than the stock element.

Jase said:
Hi there,

I'm in the market for 2 x 2400 watt elements, and after much searching and researching on this site, I think I've settled on 5 star weldless elements. I noticed a post on their element guards, but thought I'd start a new post discussing their elements.

What's everyones experience with these elements?

Do you have the weldless elements or the weldless elements and guard kit? Are the kits worth the additional $$$s?

I'm happy to consider other brands/suppliers, if people have had good experience with those brands/suppliers.

Cheers,
Jase
Worth every penny.
I've got two of these installed on a 50L boiler. Welded 2 x 2" ferules to the keg & simply clamp them on.

rsz_20160212_174226.jpg

rsz_20160212_174235.jpg

I have weldless 3600 and 2400 (2200?) elements and guards.

Top notch, very happy, would buy again (but I dont think I will need to....)

Crusty said:
Worth every penny.
I've got two of these installed on a 50L boiler. Welded 2 x 2" ferules to the keg & simply clamp them on.
Hey Crusty thanks for the photos but being a soc cant see them bigger please

Finally got a hold of 5 Star after two weeks of trying. Was told that the next lot of elements are at least 5 to 6 weeks, so I'll need to find another option.

Any suggestions?

Cheers,
Jase

Jase said:
Finally got a hold of 5 Star after two weeks of trying. Was told that the next lot of elements are at least 5 to 6 weeks, so I want to find another option.

Any suggestions?

Cheers,
Jase
FTFY

Best suggestion: ring them back and wait the 6 weeks.

Next best : settle for second rate elements and even ebay can find those fairly easily.

Thanks for all of the reply.

I was planning on ordering the 5Star elements and waiting for 6 weeks.

My wife swung by the brewshop today to pick up some sacks of grain for me and she came home with 2 KK elements!!!!!

If I have learnt anything in this life, it is to NEVER question anything that your wife randomly buys you from a brewshop!!!! Ha ha. Elements sorted. Her final comment was if they are no good, take them back and wait for 6 weeks..... she must listen to me every now and then. Ha ha

Cheers,
Jase

Bump!

I'm also in the market for a couple of 2400w weldless elements and was wondering if anyone had used both the Five Star and the 2400w elements from OBS - as they're the 2 kits on my shortlist.

The Five Star certainly looks like the more professional set up, however I'm wondering if they're worth the extra $40 each...

Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Latest posts

Back