Elements 5 star

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spog

The Odd Drop Brewery
Reaction score
Evenin all.
I'm bloody keen on getting a 5 star 3600 watt element with guard for my rig as a replacement for the Kmart kettle elements.
Well I need one for the dedicated power outlet I have ,only one because the way I originally set my elements won't allow 2 elements to be used as they will be touching.
So that's the explanation aside, does anyone here have any contact with any person even remotely involved or concerned with 5 star distilling !
The reason I ask is that these elements are highly regarded , are an Aussie company ? yet after repeat Emails over a respectful time period asking the same question I get **** all response.
Now I have taken the contact phone number from the site but not yet used it,but honestly after 3 weeks and no reply from my Emails can any one recommend a supplier of equal quality and price and above all a 32 mm mounting hole so I can simply install and brew.
Perhaps,just perhaps this might belong in the Rant thread .......Ebay seems to be gaining momentum.
Shop locally ?

spog said:
Evenin all.
I'm bloody keen on getting a 5 star 3600 watt element with guard for my rig as a replacement for the Kmart kettle elements.
Well I need one for the dedicated power outlet I have ,only one because the way I originally set my elements won't allow 2 elements to be used as they will be touching.
So that's the explanation aside, does anyone here have any contact with any person even remotely involved or concerned with 5 star distilling !
The reason I ask is that these elements are highly regarded , are an Aussie company ? yet after repeat Emails over a respectful time period asking the same question I get **** all response.
Now I have taken the contact phone number from the site but not yet used it,but honestly after 3 weeks and no reply from my Emails can any one recommend a supplier of equal quality and price and above all a 32 mm mounting hole so I can simply install and brew.
Perhaps,just perhaps this might belong in the Rant thread .......Ebay seems to be gaining momentum.
Shop locally ?
I'm not sure why your having issues contacting them, they're great people to deal with. Just call their shop number & talk to Sue. Dont forget their in Perth so 3hrs behind time difference for me. Allan is equally in the know but Sue mans the phone. Ive got 2 of their 2400w element & guard kits + a shit load of other nice shiny things from there & the quality of their gear is second to none, its faultless.

Not an excuse but perhaps your emails are heading into their spam folder ? Def worth a phone call. My experience via phone and shopfront has been fantastic. Great products!

Last I heard Sue and Allan are off on a holiday.... but give them a call either way as they've always been happy to help. Either way the elements are worth the wait

Pretty sure they've been away. haven't heard anything but excellent reports about their products and the way they operate, but it is still a small business. I'd give them a ring before you head elsewhere.

Cheers I' ll have another go next week sometime.

Latest posts

Back