4am Brewers

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Might be a good time to brew but its a bugger of a time to be up ready to catch a flight out of Canberra.
Still - home by 7:20am is good as is out of Canberra...

Might be a good time to brew but its a bugger of a time to be up ready to catch a flight out of Canberra.
Still - home by 7:20am is good as is out of Canberra...

I would suggest that any time you fly out of Canberra is a good time!!

I would suggest that any time you fly out of Canberra is a good time!!
Free at last, I'm free at last....

So how did the 4am brew go? Must be finished by now.

This would be almost tempting to me..

Although

I am up at 2am 5 days a week for work, I enjoy any sleep I can get, plus my little one would be up at 6am, and trying to help....

I prefer to start at 7pm when she goes to bed, but can only do so when I don't have work the next morning as by the time I have pitched and cleaned up, it's normally 11pm.......

Yep, and by 6pm you're stuffed and want to go to sleep...

+1

I thought that it would be a good idea to start brewing earlier....but then I was getting tired earlier...

but then...I get to drink beer earlier!!!!!

I never start brewing till the sun is over the yard arm. However I would consider getting up at 4am to put some beer in the fridge to lubricate the brewing session later on, then go back to sleep reassured.

pollux, that means you get to sleep in for the 4am brew. my little one usually rolls in about 7, better her helping once the sparge is on rather than a 1hr grist crush which ends up on the floor.

enoch, brew went to plan. hit 1.044 target spot-on (75% eff). Scary figures on the IBU so heres fingers crossed. Last time I brewed this one the 41IBU tasted more like 30, so Ive boosted it to make up for hop age/utilisation, beersmith now implies 59 (hope not).

Tired?? i think &^#$#@^% christmas shopping was to blame for that. oh and a round of golf, rigging up my hop bine lines and a few (..too many :icon_drunk: ) at the woolven st brewery may have contributed.

Latest posts

Back