4am Brewers

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smashin

Reaction score
Noticed a similar thread a while ago.

Will be up brewing an AG Dry Stout in the morning. Gotta love sparging as the sun comes up. Any other early birds out there tomorrow.

the thought had never even crossed my mind

may do it once (once only) :lol:

like to -_- to much

I often start at 5.30 am, 4.00 am is a bit out there :eek:

Batz

Maybe he's on the "Goods"

6am start after breakfast is norm though.

It beats going to work at 6am. :D

Matti

If I was brewing at 4am it would more likely be the result of staying up rather than getting up...

4am??? Christ are you crazy. I don't usually mash in till after 10am. Perhaps I am just lazy..

Cheers

HK

If I was brewing at 4am it would more likely be the result of staying up rather than getting up...

I work funny hours, and brewing in the middle of the night after getting home isn't that unusual for me...but I can't see myself getting up for it.

+1

I work funny hours, and brewing in the middle of the night after getting home isn't that unusual for me...but I can't see myself getting up for it.

Im the same and Ive only done 1 AG so far but I would be more inclined to do mine at night when the kids are in bed and the Missus usually goes to bed early aswell(I get to sleep in a little), then I wont have to worry about anyone having a whinge, plus im a night owl aswell... Its too hot during the day, id rather just drink.. ;)

6am is my usual start time.

Works in well for breaky and the kids getting up.

However the kids are growing up, and night brewing is now the favoured alternative :p

Doc

6am is my usual start time.

Works in well for breaky and the kids getting up.

However the kids are growing up, and night brewing is now the favoured alternative :p

Doc

Yee dont mash in early, yee dont go home early!

2400l in the can by 7.30am tonight, thats a record. Including trucks turning including the coffee one. Whats wrong with you folks who do do not 'love the smell of malt in the morning'. Wusses!
Scotty

I've bottled at 5:30 am, but thats about it. The missus doesn't like me taking over the kitchen when she's awake...

At 5.45 my dauhter gets me up to take her rowing twice a week but th thought of brewing at that hour is obscene..

Sorry but it is true...

urgh!

I gave up shift work a long time ago to avoid being awake at that time! Not going to spoil doing something I enjoy by starting it then. I subscribe to the rule of never drinking before 12pm unless it was a continuance of the night before. I plan to implement a similar rule to AG brewing when I make the switch.

Up here in "Queensland that is SO much better than the rest of australia that we should be our own country" they don't have the brains to introduce daylight saving..... so at the height of summer the sun comes up at 4 in the bloody morning and the birds start going off their collective nuts. Hence if you have any trees near your house, you may as well get up at 4am in the bloody morning and so why not mash in and do a brew, at least at that time in the morning aside from the birds you will get some peace.

wake up QLDers (oh, that's right, the birds already are waking you up)

Browndog

4am is more like a finish time after that late night inspiration after a few drinks that says lets do a brew now. :wacko:

Mashed in, and underway, mmmmmmmmmmmalty malt malt.......... Should be done by 10am and still got a full day ahead.... Yes i remember the early sun up times of QLD, Not quite the same here in Tassie, 4am in winter is the killer :ph34r: . mmmmmmmmm Black gold on the way

Latest posts

Back