• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

45L urn Vic

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I nabbed this. Turns out its more like 55 litres by my measurement. Is in good nick too. Have already ordered a proper ball valve and a new sight glass fitting. Thanks for the heads up!

3600w ... you'll need a 15A circuit but if your house circuits are modern you might get away with it... does the plug fit a 10A "normal" socket?

Craftbrewer do sight tubes for Crown Urns that also fit Birkos if you carefully cut a bit off them, being a squatter urn.

55L would be the duck's nuts for any BIAB application.

Not sure what it'll be eventually. Setting it up for BIAB now. I have Matho's controller and am thinking of some kind of recirculating 1V (but with a downward flowing malt pipe).

I bought the new sight glass fitting from Ibrew: http://www.ibrew.com.au/products/sight-gauge-through-wall-adapter I have some Stainless 1/2" threaded pipe to connect a ball valve. I'm hoping the gland nut from the existing sight glass fits, otherwise I will need to get a new sight glass as well.

Yeah it's 3600 watts. It has a standard plug though, not the 15a type with the thicker earth blade.

The old guy who built and lived at this place before us was a carpenter, so the huge workshop is wired for 3 phase. I'm fairly certain the standard outlets here are set up to run 15a. Gonna get a sparky mate to check it though before I fry anything.

Back