• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

45 Litre Copper Boiler

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm actually bidding on exactly the same item from somebody else. Closes in 3 hours.

If I miss that one - I'll take yours ;)

Cheers
Jason.

Hey there,

I've been looking for a kettle for wort (~30 L). I have a 20 L stainless boiler, with an electric element in the bottom & a tap -- basically a coffee urn. I tested it with water, but even on low it wants to boil the water. Couldn't figure out how I'd maintain "wort temperature" (~150 F).

I take it this is the same sort of thing? Mine has the element on the inside; I wasn't sure how I felt about this. Looks like yours might be a pot, with the heat from the stand? (no element inside; correct?)

Why didn't you think it suitable? (you suggested would be better as a HLT)

Where are you going in Qld? I'm on the Gold Coast. If I bought it, would you bring it up! I imagine shipping would be quite high.

Good luck with the sale and the move.

Cheers, Brian

I actually won the Ebay auction and won't need 2....

As far as temp control, I will be using one of the Dixel temp controllers from the recent bulk buy to control the temp.

Agro.

Hi there WildaYeast, There is an element inside the base underneath the cover with holes in it. There is no provision in itself to regulate temp, it is either on or off. I have managed to make beer using only this to heat the sparge water and boil the wort, but i found it hard to get a rolling boiling happening without the lid atleast partially covering it. However just for heating water it works well.

I am moving to Toowoomba, and am trying to get rid of as much stuff as I can before I move, so sorry mate but if I dragged it up with me I would probably want to keep it.

Cheers

Back