400lt rig build

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vittorio

Reaction score
This is a pic of my hlt/tun/kettle, they are still being made and should be ready by the end of nov. What does everyone think? My whole setup is still a working process.

Screenshot_2013-10-21-10-55-38.png

Screenshot_2013-10-21-10-55-46.png

Screenshot_2013-10-21-10-55-54.png

I was thinking is the mash tun going to have enough surface area to handle a 400l mash assuming you are using approx 90kg of grain per brew ?
What is the working diameter of the false bottom ?
Nev

Here's the blueprint, the company who is making it is really good with making brewing equipment

Screenshot_2013-10-21-11-48-39.png

Looks good, if I am not being cheeky, whats the approx cost of each ? May be in the market for a 350 - 400 litre setup in next 6 months

Who's making it? Looks like they are doing a good job!

Whats your plans for this system, you gonna go commercial?

Depends on what you want on it, what kind of steel, if you want a man hole etc. Depending on what you want on it between 2-3,000 each.

Barry brown and sons is making it, my plan to open up a 400lt micro at the end of the year

vittorio said:
Here's the blueprint, the company who is making it is really good with making brewing equipment
Looking at the measurements I think you will be lucky to do 300L.
I have a 100L tun with a laser cut false bottom approx 70mm from the bottom and I can just do a 22.5kg mash to produce a 1050 SG beer.
Even at this the grain bed is verging on too thick.
Nev

once i get it, i will test it out and see what the false bottom can hold :)

thats what i thought at first... they have a brewing consultant and made pleanty of breweries. i did my research before picking them

plus i asked a few breweries before looking into this company and they all gave this company a good review

Impressive! I asked SWMBO .... answer was no.

lol first time i ever heard someone say "swmbo", i had to look up that acronym lol

Tanks for the link to that company Vittorio now I will be broke but pissed for the next 2 years

Back