4 Tap , Solid Brass Font.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danial

Reaction score
Hey guys do not have pics at the momment but will post over the weekend .

I got my hands on a 4 tap font made of brass with no damage at all . All the taps have a quick disconnect.

what are these worth, not that I would sell it as im setting up one hell of keg system. I was told you could not buy them as the brewies own them?

thanks

If you're not going to sell it then just sit on it and ...ssshhhhhuuuussssshhhh ;)

fonts on ebay usually go for about $100 per tap on average, It depends on the font and taps ect.

as said....... hang on to it....... you may need it some day.

cheers

Hey guys do not have pics at the momment but will post over the weekend .

I got my hands on a 4 tap font made of brass with no damage at all . All the taps have a quick disconnect.

what are these worth, not that I would sell it as im setting up one hell of keg system. I was told you could not buy them as the brewies own them?

thanks

The breweries own the kegs if thats what you mean... not the fonts though :D

Best option is either to steal them (not exactly a great choice) or to get the 5 gallon postmix kegs that most of us use (usually referred to as cornies)
Not 100% on prices, but if its in good nick I'd say its probably worth $400+ for the font (assuming its flooded, im not sure you can get non flooded 4 way fonts), plus about $30 odd for each snaplock fitting... this is my poor memory recalling tho so I could be way off :p

I"ve had a great week, I picked up the beer font for working 3 hours in a nite club as payment for work. I also scored 2 glass jugs and one keg.

ealier last week I got 2 19lt corn kegs thats are new for 35$ each. :)

When i mean working I mean a cashie, Im plasterer by trade just had to fix a few holes in the ceiling.

Do you know why you cant get glass jugs anymore? Well the only machine that was making them 10 years ago in china broke down and instead of fixing the machine it was cheaper to make them out of a poly carbonate material.

I"ve had a great week, I picked up the beer font for working 3 hours in a nite club as payment for work. I also scored 2 glass jugs and one keg.

ealier last week I got 2 19lt corn kegs thats are new for 35$ each. :)

When i mean working I mean a cashie, Im plasterer by trade just had to fix a few holes in the ceiling.

Do you know why you cant get glass jugs anymore? Well the only machine that was making them 10 years ago in china broke down and instead of fixing the machine it was cheaper to make them out of a poly carbonate material.

Sounds like a good score Danial, i look forward the pics :)
On the glass jug front, i can buy them locally no problem, guewss they aren't made in China ;)

cheers Ross

In my experience brass doesn't sell as well on places like ebay as the postage costs are enormous - turns off a lot of potential buyers. Still a great score though! :)

Does anybody have any idea how to replace the beer lines inside? I have'nt had a chance to investigate.

Nevermind, I pulled it apart. Should be very easy to replace those lines :D. Its meant to be!

Anybody know anything about the the two lines going in to chill the font?

pics!

tap1.JPG

tap2.JPG

tap3.JPG

Thats an Andale Font... i have the 6 tap version...
I'm pretty sure they are not Brass but Gold crome Plated..
try sticking a fridge magnet on it.. if it sticks it aint brass...
But who cares still a nice bit of gear...Matching gold taps look good..
Nice pickup.. :super:

Sqyre..
EDIT: just noticed you dont have any beer lines coming out the bottom.. only the flooding lines for the glycol..
Might have to re-run your lines.. i think Andale sell replacement end washer thingos..

Hey spyre

Its solid brass! its heavy as and magnets do not stick. I removed the old beer lines ready for new ones, It's unreal that all the parts are servicable.

Its mean to be, today trying to find a chest frezzer I pick up a 50ltkeg with a micro matic keg coupler?. It must have been a rent a keg because all the lineds are quick connect and made professionaly. Cost me nothing at all. Cleaned it up and apart from a little ding in the keg the coupler seems to be near new.

So now I have 2x19 corn kegs and a 50lt keg with coupler. I also pick up 2 smaller kegs from an older type ice cream machine on friday for 25$ each.

My wife to be also is letting me build a bar in the lounge room!

O and I have another keg coming from a pub and I won a keg coupler on ebay for something like 31$ plus 10$ postage.

Only a few weeks ago I saw a 3 tap 'T' style font go for $520 on eBay. All andale taps. All brass flooded etc. Was $30 or $40 postage on top of that too...

Hey sqyre
Its solid brass! its heavy as and magnets do not stick. I removed the old beer lines ready for new ones, It's unreal that all the parts are servicable.

I stand corrected, i should check these things before i open my big mouth.. :lol:
Mines not magnetic either.. just checked it.. there goes my plan for magnetised beer label plates..
and i had a look and mine has an "Allied Beer dispencing Equipment" label on it.. which i believe was taken over by Andale..

FYI- it also says on it only to wash only with mild detergent and water.. and that harsh deterents/solvents may damage..
Hence my thinking it is still a gold plated alloy of some kind..could be plated Brass for that matter.. to save polishing it every 5 minutes probably
My point is..i suggest you don't polish it with Autosol or something similar..
Have fun with it..
looks like the start of an awesome setup... :super:

Sqyre...

Heh my old topic! why polish it when the font is now covered in ice! haha I have advanced since this thread just alittle.

Latest posts

Back