4 Ring Burner

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikelinz

Reaction score
Picked up a green 4 ring burner (no name on it) in clerance from mitre 10. Am using it with my bbq reg (Low pressure) the guy at M10 sait it would work which it does but taking forever to get 60L to boil. So it does work but should I be using a high pressure reg????????

rgds mike

4 ring burners can be pretty hungry for gas also like to have greater volumns to work at optimum. Might pay to up your reg to medium pressure?

I have a four ring burner and use a high pressure regulator, in the end I only use the very inner and second from outside rings. Brings 52 litres of wort to the boil in about 20 minutes. If I use additional rings, there is too much flames for the blue tips to stay focused on the bottom of my converted kettle.

dont get high pressure and medium pressure regs mixed up. the ones that everyone got in the buklbuy a few years ago were medium and they are great with a four burner - carefull thought the actual 4 ring burners are not high or med pressure burners, can be done if your carefull though.

Back