4 Pines Kolsch

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just had a bottle from Dans: overcarbed, twangy, musty, cloudy. About a 4 out of 10.

Couldn't find a use by date on either the bottle or six packs in the shop. Maybe I wasn't looking hard enough, maybe its on the carton, maybe not provided to consumers at all.

I've has this beer off tap at archive and it was lovely (8/10).

Something is seriously wrong with the bottling and/or storage and handling process.

I was talking to my rep from 4 Pines, they are about to open another brewery (50hl I think) in Manly Vale, not far from their current brewery which will have a bottleing plant.

Maybe this will eliminate some inconsistencies in their bottled beer.

Yeh hope so. A bigger plant can also cause bigger control issues too.

Has anyone tried the Five Islands Brewing Kolsch? I had a chance to try it at the brewery at the Entertainment Centre on tap at the Gong and thought it was very good. I was impressed with most of thier beers.

Fear_n_loath

bought a 6 pack of 4 pines kolsch from dan murphys before xmas, this made me try making an ag brew of kolsch, i thought 4 pines was clean/fresh .
havent tried it since but will give it another go, hope its as good as the first lot.
fergi

Latest posts

Back