Seeking Fermentation words of wisdom

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Camo6 brilliant stuff, made me laugh aloud. This username helps people enjoy great movie memories.

Now 'No more rhymes now; i mean it!'

Don't want to start another thread for this question, so I'm going to hijack this one...

If I'm brewing a beer with a longer fermentation (7 days, dry hop, 5 days, 2nd fermenter, 5 days), does this mean the conditioning in the bottles can be less than the standard two weeks?

Well you could probably ditch the 2nd fermenter stage of it, it's largely a pointless exercise.

In any case, no, the conditioning time is not less. It takes this time for the yeast to ferment the priming sugar to produce the CO2 which is then absorbed back into the beer to carbonate it. This can't really be sped up much.

Rocker1986 said:
Well you could probably ditch the 2nd fermenter stage of it, it's largely a pointless exercise.

In any case, no, the conditioning time is not less. It takes this time for the yeast to ferment the priming sugar to produce the CO2 which is then absorbed back into the beer to carbonate it. This can't really be sped up much.
Thanks.

Back