'3' Way Valves

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Batz

Batz Brewery...Hand crafted beers from the 'Batcav
Reaction score
Guys,
I was at the markets today and came across a bloke selling what looked like a garage clean out. He had 4 of there '3' way brass valves, 1/2" B.S.P.

valve.jpg

They are brand new and cost me $10.00 each, seemed cheap to me. I want 2 of them but I thought I'll grab the lot in case some of you guys want any, so I have two extra, same deal $10.00.

Photo makes them look nickel plated but their plain brass.

Batz

If I did a double batch of Beer and No-Chilled, could I attach one of these to my all thread and 2 nipples on the outlets and run 2 hoses(1 into each cube) and fill at the same time???? Equal amounts into each cube.... :unsure:

More pain than its worth maybe....

:ph34r: CB

If I did a double batch of Beer and No-Chilled, could I attach one of these to my all thread and 2 nipples on the outlets and run 2 hoses(1 into each cube) and fill at the same time???? Equal amounts into each cube.... :unsure:

More pain than its worth maybe....

:ph34r: CB

Bloke it would depend if they were T or L port. L allows flow through two outlets only T allows all three. I have a 3 way L port ball valve on the input and output of my March Pump which make for very versatile connections :)
Good find Batz ! Mine set me back about $35 each (Brass).
Cheers
Doug

Bloke it would depend if they were T or L port. L allows flow through two outlets only T allows all three. I have a 3 way L port ball valve on the input and output of my March Pump which make for very versatile connections :)
Good find Batz ! Mine set me back about $35 each (Brass).
Cheers
Doug

If you look at the pic. in post one,valve is 'L' in at the bottom out to the left,handle to the right and that ports open,handle to the bottom and left and right are open together.

Batz

bugger...

You still want these schooey? I've heard zip from you since you said you wanted them. If not I'll pass them onto yardy.

Batz

Batz Some of these ball valves I have seen, the seals are only rated 75C. The teflon ones I believe are rated at 120C and are dearer than the standard brass ball valve.

Batz Some of these ball valves I have seen, the seals are only rated 75C. The teflon ones I believe are rated at 120C and are dearer than the standard brass ball valve.

For $10.00 I'm willing to give them a try .
Batz

Yeah Batz by all means, I went through this exercise and asked the question why pay 30-40 bucks for a S/s ball valve and only 11-12 bucks for a brass one ...........didn't make sense to me until I found out the cheaper one was a domestic valve that would only encounter 65C max and the other was aimed more at the commercial end which was used at higher temps. Sorry if I gave the impression I was playing down your purchase which I wasn't.

Cheers,

Latest posts

Back