Help Support Aussie Homebrewer by donating:

1. We have implemented the ability to gift someone a Supporting Membership now! When you access the Upgrade page there is now a 'Gift' button. Once you click that you can enter a username to gift an account Upgrade to. Great way to help support this forum plus give some kudos to anyone who has helped you.
    Dismiss Notice

3 vessel system

Discussion in 'General Brewing Techniques' started by MattB, 9/11/19.

1. MattB

Posted 9/11/19
    Hi all

Been extract brewing for a while and want to take the plunge into all grain. Im a diy kind of guy so all in one systems like the grainfather aren't for me. I like the building aspect as much as the brewing side. Currently use a 50 litre keg for extract brewing. Don't have much $ to spend on trial and error at the moment. Can anyone lead me to instructions that'll get me started. Safe to assume i know very little about the all grain process!

2. Sidney Harbour-Bridge

Posted 11/11/19
  3. Blind Dog

Beer

Posted 12/11/19
    Assuming you have a heat source for the brewing keg as you’re extract brewing currently, look through the BIAB threads here and elsewhere or google ‘brew in a bag’. A ready made bag to hold the grain can be had for $10 or so from numerous suppliers, cheap yoga mat (to wrap the keg in whilst mashing) for about the same, not much else should be needed equipment wise.

Palmers book linked in SHB’s post is a good start theory wise.