26 Litre Kit & Kilo

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Drufazz

Reaction score
From what i've seen all kits are made up to make 23 litres. My fermenter will easily take 26 litres and still have ample airspace.

What would I need to add to make a batch at 26 litres ?

Cheers,

From what i've seen all kits are made up to make 23 litres. My fermenter will easily take 26 litres and still have ample airspace.

What would I need to add to make a batch at 26 litres ?

Cheers,

The short answer is a little bit of malt and a little bit of hops.

e.g. if you're making a coopers draught with a kilo of their brewenhancer you
could add 200g of dried malt and about 5-7g of pride of ringwood hop pellets.

Bring 2-3 litres of water to the boil, turn off the heat, add the malt and stir to dissolve. Bring
it back to the boil and add the hops. Boil for 30mins. Cool pot in the sink with some ice cubes and
water. Strain into the fermenter.

-braufrau

One of those 12 gram Hop bags of Pride of Ringwood works absolutely brilliant with the Coopers Draught.

I boil the kit malt in 10 litres for 10 mins, then add the hop bag for 10 and leave it in the brew in the fermenter.

MB-89 hops work well too.

One of those 12 gram Hop bags of Pride of Ringwood works absolutely brilliant with the Coopers Draught.

I boil the kit malt in 10 litres for 10 mins, then add the hop bag for 10 and leave it in the brew in the fermenter.

MB-89 hops work well too.

Thanks for the replies guys. Please see my other post about brewing tips and a stove-top boil. Not too sure about how to do it :)

Cheers,

Latest posts

Back