• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

25kg Coopers Ale Malt $45 (7 available)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xwute

Reaction score
25kg of the new Coopers Ale Malt $45 inc GST. 7 bags available, first in best dressed to be collected from Altona within 3 days of arrival. I’ve added some petrol money in as I have to drive with trailer to collect from other side of Melbourne. This is the new malt grain being produced out of South Australia. Here are the details. Please PM me if you’re keen. I only wanted 25kg but they would only bulk sell so I'm splitting it evenly across 10 bags

Variety: Coopers Premium Ale Malt
Pack Date: 13/12/2017
Barley Variety: Commander

Moisture % 4.1
Extract %-Fine Grind-Dry Basis 82.9
Colour of Wort °EBC 5.0
Total Protein %, Dry Basis 9.65
Soluble Nitrogen %, Dry Basis 4.0
Kolbach Index % 42
Diastatic Power WK, Dry Basis 248
Viscosity mPa.sec 1.52
Friability % 88.5
WUG / Glassy % 0.3
PUG / Half Glassy % 0.4
pH 5.97
Wort Beta Glucan mg/l 108
Screening <2.2mm % 0.01
Screening >2.5mm % 99.9
DMSp ppm 1.5
Dust % 0

If your picking up from otherside of melb I could meet you there?

Guess that's from Ellerslie? I used to buy a heap of hops from them in the old days but it looks like they only do commercial quantities of all stock nowadays.

Likewise I did pick up a bag of castle malt in November. I did purchase 5kg of cascade but prior to picking up the cascade they were all good with selling a bag directly. I hope this hasn't changed.

I bought 2 bags from ellerslie hop in August 2018, I got the feeling when I was there they might not want to do it anymore.

Original poster not heard from since that first post, I would highly recommend the Viking Pale Ale malt,
extremely aromatic, and being as it is grown in colder climes I would suspect a higher sugar content.

Latest posts

Back