2016 QLD Xmas Case Swap 17 Dec-Ravensbourne

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey Luke I'll be coming from Yeronga so could swing past Oxley on the way. got a wagon with roof racks so can take gear

Liam_snorkel said:
hey Luke I'll be coming from Yeronga so could swing past Oxley on the way. got a wagon with roof racks so can take gear
That'd be a good sight on the highway, roof racks loaded up with kegs, eski's and gas cylinders

Kegs on roof offer a lot of advantages I reckon. Wrap a wet towel around them to keep cool while traveling at highway speeds. Lay them on their side and gravity feed down to car occupants (passengers only of course).......

There was a great hot rod ute at the carnival car show last year Earle, dunno if you saw it. Kegs and taps built in on the back. All outside of the cabin though.

pcqypcqy said:
There was a great hot rod ute at the carnival car show last year Earle, dunno if you saw it. Kegs and taps built in on the back. All outside of the cabin though.
Didn't see it. Shouldn't be a surprise though as I didn't even know there is a carnival car show?

Reedy said:
Happy to help out Lagerfrenzy if for some reason Meddo can't do it.

Meddo - if you're also around the Cannon Hill area, perhaps we can car pool to the swap (I'm happy to drive). I'm a first-time swapper & haven't met any of the guys yet.
Reedy I reckon I'll take my wagon so I can have a kip in the back at some point. If you'd like a lift out I'm more than happy to pick you up though?

earle said:
Didn't see it. Shouldn't be a surprise though as I didn't even know there is a carnival car show?
I think it was on in the park before the parade, on the cricket fields where they do the fireworks.

Meddo said:
Reedy I reckon I'll take my wagon so I can have a kip in the back at some point. If you'd like a lift out I'm more than happy to pick you up though?
Sounds good to me Meddo, I'll bring my swag. Will PM you my details shortly.

***SWAP BEERS MUST TO BE IN ~750ml PET PLASTIC BOTTLES ONLY***

Swap List 1.
1. evoo4u - A Christmas Julebryg
2. Motabika-Gotslandricka
3. Liam_Snorkel - RIM (russian imperial mid )
4. Ballantyne
5. madpierre06 - Funky Saison
6. Earle
7. BPH87
8. Fattox - something summery and easy drinking, wheat based German beer of sorts
9. Peege
10.Benken25
11. Angus - 1 yo barrel aged brett sour saison thingy
12. Beersuit
13. NickB - Wild Fermented Ball Sweat
14. hwall95
15. Dan Barrington - TBD
16. whatever the **** Brad decides my name will be when the swap comes around.
17. Lukiferj
18. Nickxb - TBD
19.Winkle
20. Smokomark
21. Perko8 - tba. Never done this before but keen!
22. Tentative adr0 going to (tentatively) adjunct the living (well, actually, tentative) shit out of a (tentative) beer
23. Parks
24. tazman1967

Swap List 2.
1. pcqypcqy - probably a porter.
2. Bradsbrew - Barrel Aged Stout
3. Aydos - TBC
4. Robv
5. Ciderman - 1 yo Barrel Aged Lambic (if ready)
6. Seehuusen - possibly, ~1yo Barrel aged Flanders Red (if ready) or Raspberry Berliner
7. giatuprs
8. Meddo - probably a boring old APA or AIPA cos I'm a noob sorry
9. Reedy - probably hefeweizen
10. Bribie G - not a malt liquo'
11. Mike - Some sort of Lager for smashing in the christmas heat or a table str saison I dunno.
12. Cosdog - Aged Spiced Christmas Cake Stout [/font][/color]
13. sixfignig - tba
14. madpierre06 - Hopp-a-long Saison
15. Benken25

Because you can never have to many swap beers especially with a few weeks off over Christmas

Liam_snorkel said:
So you're offering to tie me to the roof-racks? ...well beggers can't be choosers. At least I'll be away from any noxious gas emissions that might occur inside the car :p

Seriously tho, I'd appreciate it dude - I'll just be packing the esky, my lil' tent and a small assortment of gear. If there's also room for swap beers I'll gladly participate but I'll not presume of your wagons space. I'm already a pretty big load myself.

If you want to be in the swap then I'm cool to courier for you mate!. As a backup plan at least. [emoji106]

menoetes said:
So you're offering to tie me to the roof-racks? ...well beggers can't be choosers. At least I'll be away from any noxious gas emissions that might occur inside the car :p

Seriously tho, I'd appreciate it dude - I'll just be packing the esky, my lil' tent and a small assortment of gear. If there's also room for swap beers I'll gladly participate but I'll not presume of your wagons space. I'm already a pretty big load myself.
No dramas! We'll be heading up early-ish because I'm bringing the spit FYI

earle said:
Kegs on roof offer a lot of advantages I reckon. Wrap a wet towel around them to keep cool while traveling at highway speeds. Lay them on their side and gravity feed down to car occupants (passengers only of course).......
Sounds like a roadtrip to Agnes Water for an Octoberfest at Henno's. Everyone had a great time except the driver (and added about 2 hours to the trip for piss stops).

just added going but not swapping to bottom of list

Swap List 1.
4. Ballantyne
6. Earle
7. BPH87
8. Fattox - something summery and easy drinking, wheat based German beer of sorts
9. Peege
10.Benken25
12. Beersuit
14. hwall95
15. Dan Barrington - TBD
17. Lukiferj
18. Nickxb - TBD
19.Winkle
20. Smokomark
22. Tentative adr0 going to (tentatively) adjunct the living (well, actually, tentative) shit out of a (tentative) beer
23. Parks
24. tazman1967

Swap List 2.
3. Aydos - TBC
4. Robv
6. Seehuusen - possibly, ~1yo Barrel aged Flanders Red (if ready) or Raspberry Berliner
7. giatuprs
11. Mike - Some sort of Lager for smashing in the christmas heat or a table str saison I dunno.
12. Cosdog - Aged Spiced Christmas Cake Stout [/font][/COLOR]
13. sixfignig - tba
15. Benken25

Because you can never have to many swap beers especially with a few weeks off over Christmas

Going but not swapping as we are soft :

kegs - will be bring a light lager for smashing in the heat of the day

just added mitch into swap for him

Swap List 1.
4. Ballantyne
6. Earle
7. BPH87
9. Peege
10.Benken25
12. Beersuit
14. hwall95
15. Dan Barrington - TBD
17. Lukiferj
18. Nickxb - TBD
19.Winkle
20. Smokomark
23. Parks
24. tazman1967

Swap List 2.
3. Aydos - TBC
4. Robv
7. giatuprs
12. Cosdog - Aged Spiced Christmas Cake Stout [/font][/color]
13. sixfignig - tba
15. Benken25
16. mitch- undecided

Going but not swapping as we are soft :

kegs - will be bring a light lager for smashing in the heat of the day

Latest posts

Back