2011 Esb Winter Warmer Homebrew Competition

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
can we have a later start than 9am please :unsure:

Woossie. Can we have the pool cover off this year so we can have a swim first?

Sadly (for you) Korev I am available again this year. :icon_cheers:

I'm with Mike. A 9am start can be a bit brutal, on both the judges and on the first few beers they judge. But either way I'm hoping to be there. Looks great, well done ESBers. :icon_cheers:

I also vote for starting (and perhaps finishing) the day by throwing FGZ into the pool.

right we will need a crane to do that or it might take all of us to put him in there.

Nah, just wait till he's next to the pool, then walk directly at him, offering a glass of Kriek or Framboise Lambic ...

:lol:

So 930am Stu ? Perhaps a small black coffee & a danish for the calibration ??

I will need contributions towards my water bill - Archimedes' Principle

For a bonus I can turn the solar heating into reverse Icebergs anyone?

So how does two judging sessions sound

Morning 10:00 start 13:00 Lunch
Afternoon 14:00 - till finished

P1

Two judging sessions sounds like a great idea.

if i come along, could bring the portable smoker.
will ask the wife if she wants to come as well.

Code:
if i come along, could bring the portable smoker

Thats no way to refer to your wife Barls.

B)

Guys,

Probably the time to consider brewing this weekend for the ESB Winter Warmer comp ~12 weeks for a strong ale/(lager) to condition probably around the minimum time to knock the rough edges off

Cheers
P1

what category for a smoked belgian dark strong???

Sounds like a Christmas ale to me.

Had a very good ESB Club meeting last night. Seemed to be more than the usual number of high gravity beers being shared by "concerned" brewers. Could it be that the ESB Winter Warmers Comp is drawing near? Some great prizes, entries close Friday 8th July at most drop off points, Saturday 9th July at The Brew Shop Peakhurst. So time is running out in which to brew those winning beers. Links to entry details and forms earlier in this topic or from the ESB Home Brew Supplies site. :beer:

Had a very good ESB Club meeting last night. Seemed to be more than the usual number of high gravity beers being shared by "concerned" brewers. Could it be that the ESB Winter Warmers Comp is drawing near? Some great prizes, entries close Friday 8th July at most drop off points, Saturday 9th July at The Brew Shop Peakhurst. So time is running out in which to brew those winning beers. Links to entry details and forms earlier in this topic or from the ESB Home Brew Supplies site. :beer:

Given last month it sounds like it was a good night to stay away. :)
(Cooler bag safely in garage)

P3

Dropped off my ESB entry to Dave's today (early I know but just heading off for a longish holiday). Good luck to all!

Hi Barry and crew Ive just returned from the US ...after 8 years ....if you need a hand Judging just private message me with the details .

Only 4 weeks before entry deadlines. Entries have already been dropped off. While there is no extra points for early entries make sure you lodge you fine winter warmers before it is too late. great prizes to won.

Hi, just a quick question with the forms for entering. I assume that the entry No. section should be left blank. For you guys to fill in?
The Group - I can see the groupings but there are no names, I would assume Strong Ales, Dark Strong Ales, Bocks and Belgian Strong Ales??? Are you after different "group" names?

Thanks in advance for the help fellas.

"Hi, just a quick question with the forms for entering. I assume that the entry No. section should be left blank. For you guys to fill in? correct
The Group - I can see the groupings but there are no names, I would assume Strong Ales, Dark Strong Ales, Bocks and Belgian Strong Ales??? Are you after different "group" names?

Don't worry about the group names just make sure you clearly identify the style that you are entering.

Cheers

P1

Back