2011 Esb Winter Warmer Homebrew Competition

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Korev

Reaction score
Hi Guys and Gals.

It's that time again for the 2011 Extra Special Brewers Winter Warmer competition.

Go to http://www.esbcomp.com.au/ for entry forms and details.

This is a BJCP registered competition and with strength over 6% abv we will need lots of judges so mark your diaries

Cheers

P1

nice ive got some to enter, how about braggots as well? they are a recognised bjcp style.

can we have a later start than 9am please :unsure:

Nothing like an upcoming comp to give me an idea on what to brew next. :icon_cheers:

BS - My daughter did the site - note some of bARRY's recipes are there as well.

Mike - what start time would suit??

Barls - perhaps next year?

P1

hopefully, i really want to see if i can do better that 34 with the new batch, might brew this again soon.

Just bring a bottle on comp day Barls & we'll judge it for you ;)

Christmas beer is with the Belgians, as been accidently left off the list. Thought all those "odd" Christmas spices etc would fit with the Belgians better.

Christmas beer is with the Belgians, as been accidently left off the list. Thought all those "odd" Christmas spices etc would fit with the Belgians better.

Sounds good. Thanks Barry.

Ah - well spotted the clerical error.

Looks like some good sponsors again this year - will let you all know when confirmed along with what you COULD WIN if bARRY slips up!!!

P1

cool just had a look and i think i will be entering a ESB, will be my first comp so really looking forward to getting some feedback on my beer good or bad

errr Just a bit later than 9, even 10 or 11 is better, after lunch ideal !

might even enter a FES that has been aging for about 14 months now... just need to crack open a bottle to see if the age has treated her well.

I'm currently cranking out a Strong Scottish Ale - just finished caramelising the first runnings in the kettle

No specialty/belg specialty?

Peated tripel?

Hi Guys and Gals.

It's that time again for the 2011 Extra Special Brewers Winter Warmer competition.

Go to http://www.esbcomp.com.au/ for entry forms and details.

This is a BJCP registered competition and with strength over 6% abv we will need lots of judges so mark your diaries

Cheers

P1

hi just a question, i was going to put down an ESB for this comp, which is around 5.5% abv typical for the style but i see you have said that strength is over 6%, is this for all beers or just a general statement.. sorry for the stupid question i just want to make sure i get my beer right.

Hey Sydneybrewer, this would be a general statement as some of the beers will be more than 6%. The more judges the lighter their headaches the next day.

The only constant in our comps is that ESB must be one of the styles because we are the ESB Club. So make your ESB to style :icon_cheers:

Latest posts

Back