2010 Hop Plantations

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
got some issues with the tett and goldings... maybe nutrient deficiencies? ive been o/s for two weeks to maybe.

IMAG0074.jpg

The hallertau are loving the sun we've been getting for the last 2-3 days, 5-6 cm growth since I checked middle of the week gone by. They are even starting to curl around the sticks I planted there :)

planted mine yesterday out of the pots and they seemed to have grown already. so do we train them to grow anticlockwise down here?? I have been wondering this for a while but looks like everyones doing it that way

planted mine yesterday out of the pots and they seemed to have grown already. so do we train them to grow anticlockwise down here?? I have been wondering this for a while but looks like everyones doing it that way
I think you should look a little more closely at the pictures on the last 4 pages of this thread. :)

I think you should look a little more closely at the pictures on the last 4 pages of this thread. :)

Its good to see the sun rises in the west and sets in the east in the land down under????

The Bines actually follow the sun so it is all clock wise action no matter which side of the equator you live.

Both my cascade and vienna gold started off well then stopped growing about 100mm high :( Thinking too much water. Might hit it with some seaweed once the rain fucks off.

Regulator, good to see that your hops are growing well
my goldings did the something last year but continued to grow just keep an eye on it. By the way how's the cascade going

Cheers matho :)

Yet to water my hops yet, all that growth is due to the wet winter/spring we've had to date. :icon_cheers:

Hop trellis stage 1 complete. Extra 2 posts cemented in. Next weekend will see the building of the actual structure.

Mine has sprouted its little cock through the surface. Theres 4 shoots Woooooooooot

well depends if you look from the top or bottom doesnt it lol
True - I had not thought of that. I simply looked up from the bottom - since that's the way the plant grows, I didn't consider otherwise. :)

Regulator, good to see that your hops are growing well
my goldings did the something last year but continued to grow just keep an eye on it. By the way how's the cascade going

hey mate,

the cascade has basically stayed fairly dormant until the last fortnight, i went to the US and china for 2 weeks and today when i checked it had finally kicked off :)

i repotted it a month or so back, it has one hell of a root system :beerbang:

ie more root than dirt in the pot lol

hehe you must be a short ******* then :p i tend to stand over the plant and look not lay under it :p but yes they do grow up not down so you got me there :D

I am thinking my hops are gunna power away now that daylight savings has started and we have an hour more sun in the evening... Rdrr!!!

I simply looked up from the bottom - since that's the way the plant grows :)
Then your plants grow anti-clockwise, they must look down at their hops in Europe and the US ;)

hehe you must be a short ******* then tongue.gif i tend to stand over the plant and look not lay under it tongue.gif but yes they do grow up not down so you got me there biggrin.gif
Well yes, but to be honest I just put the hop bines near the string and let them do their own thing. If they don't like the way you do it, they'll just fall off and grow up their own way, don't stress about it, they are weeds once they get established. :)
I am thinking my hops are gunna power away now that daylight savings has started and we have an hour more sun in the evening... Rdrr!!!
That'd also explain why hops don't grow as well up in QLD then?

Saaz B is going crazy, first year and I have 8 bines and 2 of those are 1.5m long. Cascade is trailing behind but is starting to get a move on.

hey mate,

the cascade has basically stayed fairly dormant until the last fortnight, i went to the US and china for 2 weeks and today when i checked it had finally kicked off :)

i repotted it a month or so back, it has one hell of a root system :beerbang:

ie more root than dirt in the pot lol

i tell ya i make good cuttings :D

Latest posts

Back