• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

200l Stainless Drums

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davelovesbeer

Reaction score
I may be able to get my hands on some 200L stainless drums. I think they are the type that have the lid that is held in place with a clamp. Not sure of dimensions or price, but just thought I would see if anyone was interested!! They would be pickup in Sydney, or organise own courier.

Will post more details if any interest is shown, and I can find out more

Maybe......... How much? What were they used for? What grade of stainless?

can you post a pic and depends on price

Franko

i would be interested down the track, maybe! ( i think im dreaming at this point) any pictures? know how to bring 200litres to the boil? now im thinking 1 for HLT, 1 for Mt, 1 for kettle and 1 for fermenter! i could bath in my beer! enter homer simpsons druel sound.

know how to bring 200litres to the boil?

Polyester pants (Cosmo Kramer should have plenty of those!!), a square of carpet and lots of friction baby!!!!!

Seriously thought it is quite a lot liquid to boil and would require some serious gas or electric options.

:icon_cheers: SJ

Yep I am interested...

I suspect they would be 304 grade and about 1.6 thick. So what's the price?

They would make one hell of a kick arse smoker drum though! Shame its in NSW :(

My exact thoughts... mmm cold smoked beef jerky

old mate dave at my HBS use's one to brew in, think he gets 150L's pre boil in it and just uses a high pressure rambo burner for it and it boils no prob's.

Maybe interested depending on price and courier costs.

They are usually 304 grade and 1.2mm thick. The Nasa would boil 150 litres without too much trouble, ditto the Italian. Wouldn't want to try and heat one up electric though.........
I have one of them i was going to use as a water tank in my motorhome, but I'm now going to turn it into a pizza oven :D

They are usually 304 grade and 1.2mm thick. The Nasa would boil 150 litres without too much trouble, ditto the Italian. Wouldn't want to try and heat one up electric though.........
I have one of them i was going to use as a water tank in my motorhome, but I'm now going to turn it into a pizza oven :D
Really 1.2mm? Damn! Seriously 1.6mm holds up a heap better to the daily wear and tear, dents etc.

I'm still interested if the price is right :D

I'm in if they are $250 each? Hell put me in for 2, wait 3! No make that 2. 1 is a 200lt HLT, cut one in half for 100lt Tun and 100lt boiler, $500 plus fittings and an instant brewery. Woohoo!

I'd take one as well depending on price.

:lol: he's probably going "bloody hell guys, I can only get 3 of them......................." :lol:

Back