2009 Aib Results

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice to see some locals getings Gongs.

Results AIB 2009
Have to try to track down some of those Feral beers

MHB

Nice to see the Greg Curran's Sunshine Coast Brewery score well even a couple of golds, well done to new brewer Scott :icon_cheers:

Screwy

A big congrats to Gerard for the Champion Porter.

Well done mate.

Cheers.

Well done to all the Qld Breweries - looks like they all received a good swag of medals in their 1st year.
Special congrats to Greg & Scott up the Sunshine Coast - 2 golds guys, fantastic. :super:

Cheers Ross

Congratulations Gerard, very well deserved mate!

I bet Paddy's is giving itself a pat on the back too right about now. :D

Well done Gerard will catch up for a beer with you tonight

Franko

congrats all!

but biggups to kooinda pale ale grabbing a bronze in the apa! from four guys who were just normal homebrewers to a bronze at AIB! well done guys they would be stoked.

Congratulations Gerard, very well deserved mate!

I bet Paddy's is giving itself a pat on the back too right about now. :D

Thanks guys
It seems my trip to Paddys late last year was worth the effort as we got a Gold medal for the Pilsner & missed out on the trophy for best Lager by stuff all.

The Dirty Angel preformed very well for Flying Horse. All in all a good night really.
Cheers
Gerard

Oh & Janelle got her pic taken with Merc, so she was very happy.

Well done to all the Qld Breweries - looks like they all received a good swag of medals in their 1st year.Special congrats to Greg & Scott up the Sunshine Coast - 2 golds guys, fantastic. :super: Cheers Ross

....Thanks Ross and Screwy....

..we are over the moon...for me personally, to see the Dunkelweizen beaten only by the Weinstephaner Dunkelweizen and only by a poofteenth is extraordinarily gratifying....being reminded of the significance of that by the likes of Brad Rogers , Doug Donellan,Hugh Dunn, Dave Hollyoak and especially Richard Watkins is just plain fukkin ' surreal.....6 beers, 1 trophy, 6 medals, 2 of each colour and top 4 for Champion Small Brewery is taking some time to sink in...having Rob Freshwater say " next time you're in Sydney come over and i'll show you round Malt Shovel" had me doin' back flips...the brotherhood of brewers is every bit as strong in the pro's as it is among homebrewers...the acceptance & inclusion i received Thurs & Fri nite was truly staggering...meeting Ian Watson & Mel from MT and Ed, Frank & Rhonda from Eagle Heights catching up with Keith Grice , meeting & drinkin' with Craig Weilands and Jess and Hamish from Potters made for great times,(congrats on all the medals all you guys).....Only downside was not being able to have a beer or 6 with Gough, who couldn't make it , but congrats for that Grand Cru Gold medal mate if you read this....

...and not forgetting that both the Summer Ale & Best Bitter are still based on Ian Watson's great recipes...thanks mate, can't wait to get down to Mt Tambourine and have a beer....

...what more can i say...when the chips are down and things seem tougher than ever, i'll just think back over the last couple of days and remember....it beats the shit outta concreting.....

...sorry about the long post...

...PS..all 6 beers are on tap at the brewery for those interested...

Cheers , Scott

....I also need to give a big shout out to Mr Andrew Gow now at the Five Islands Brewery who co-brewed the Summer Ale with me and provided a great guiding hand into the SCB...total legend both as a brewer and more importantly as a top bloke.....AG deserves half , if not more of the credit for the gold...top stuff mate, great to see you & Scotty Morgan bagging medal for Five Islands and pumping out great beers down at the 'Gong ...

...mate i wish you could have been there with Greg and myself when the win was announced and we pooped our pants in front of 700 people...

Cheers
Scott

Congrats Hargie and I suppose special mention should go out to AG for bringing two breweries into the medal count this year. Well done Andrew! Can't wait to try the new Barbeerian!

Great work Scotty, no point pissing in your pocket you truly know my thoughts. Great to see a Canberra Brewer making good, go the Cougar.

Also Richard Watkins from the Wig and Pen 13 beers 13 medals.

Craig

Great work Scotty, no point pissing in your pocket you truly know my thoughts. Great to see a Canberra Brewer making good, go the Cougar.

Also Richard Watkins from the Wig and Pen 13 beers 13 medals.

Craig

...Thanks Prez...wouldn't be anywhere without you and the Top Blokes of the Canberra Brewers...

Latest posts

Back