2008 Sa Christmas In July Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1. KHB-Chocolate Porter
2. Domonsura
3. Adam - Hybrid Belgian Strong Ale
4. wee stu
5. peas_and_corn- Foreign Extra Stout(?)
6. Backyard Brewer
7. GMK - Belgian Dark Strong Ale
8. Homekegger1
9. Jazman (to confirm)
10. choppadoo
11. Rustyc
12. BenH
13. MickOz
14. Tim F - Roggenbier
15. DrSmurto - Robust Porter or Dry Irish Stout

I will be trying this recipie next weekend so i can adjust it if nesecerry, fingers crossed

P.S AdamT i have got your Bohemian Blonde recipie going in my fermenter at the moment looking forward to trying it

Well since a dark theme has been selected, you guys are going to get the chocolate soldier as the swap.....Dr Smurto likes it so that's good enough for me :)

1. KHB-Chocolate Porter
2. Domonsura - Chocolate Soldier 'Porter type Dark'
4. wee stu
6. Backyard Brewer
8. Homekegger1
9. Jazman (to confirm)
10. choppadoo
11. Rustyc
12. BenH
13. MickOz
14. Tim F - Roggenbier
15. DrSmurto - Robust Porter or Dry Irish Stout

Just wondering if you are going to put a stubbie in for the swap instead of a longneck would you have to do 2 per person??

Just wondering if you are going to put a stubbie in for the swap instead of a longneck would you have to do 2 per person??

erm, yeah. I'm not going to be happy to give you a longneck if I'm only getting one stubby in return!

Longnecks really would be easier if you can manage, especially if the swap is done later in the day (like it was last time!)

erm, yeah. I'm not going to be happy to give you a longneck if I'm only getting one stubby in return!

Longnecks really would be easier if you can manage, especially if the swap is done later in the day (like it was last time!)

Brewers will have to settle for 2 stubbies from me.Some time ago I gave away all my longnecks. Besides I think the idea of a couple stubbies may be a good idea?? If there is going to be a problem I may have to chase up a couple dozen longy's.

BYB

I personally don't mind... I think we may have a quite a few big beers that would be best consumed one stubby at a time anyway. Everyone having the same size bottles just makes the swap a bit easier, as well as taking away your contribution.

After the heatwave finally ended i put Wayne's chocolate soldier back on tap and the extra month has improved it. It was a tasty dark ale fresh but its coming into its own now, so smooth and far too easy to drink during the chilly hills nights! Not sure i need another bottle of it tho!

Got myself a picnic tap on the weekend so will bring a keg of something along to the swap day, possibly something not dark.

Just a short reminder that there is a wiki for this subject and all should use it to update details. Perhaps we should look at a cut-off soon so we can know how many bottles we all need. I for one am looking to brew this weekend for my swap beer. So I would like to know how much I am bottling. AS I am limited as to how many bottles I have and will most likely need to get more.

Cheers

HK

Great to see another case swap happening in SA.
We now have a Case Swap section in the WIKI, to make the organisation of these much easier.
Please create a SA July '08 Case Swap article in the WIKI.

Beers,
Doc

I say we set the cutoff date as the Monday evening, aka the end of march.

As long as we dont go over 24 i am fine since my case swap beer was bottled 6 weeks ago! :D

The robust porter will be 4 months old by the time the swap comes around and hopefully drinking like liquid silk........

1. KHB-Chocolate Porter
2. Domonsura - Chocolate Soldier 'Porter type Dark'
4. wee stu
6. Backyard Brewer
8. Homekegger1
9. Jazman (to confirm)
10. choppadoo
11. Rustyc
12. BenH
13. MickOz
14. Tim F - Roggenbier
15. DrSmurto - Dark Mild

Changed mine cos the porter is a bit dubious. Not sure if it was the heatwave (bottles are in the shed) but some bottles have a slight vegemite taste to them. Been meaning to try a dark mild - still fits the theme, its just easier to drink and since you lot put in 7+% big beers last time i feel its my job to promote responsible drinking. I'm sure Wayne can back me up on that one...... :ph34r:

Cheers
DrSmurto

EDIT - just noticed this list doesnt match the wiki - so which one is the right one?

since you lot put in 7+% big beers last time i feel its my job to promote responsible drinking. I'm sure Wayne can back me up on that one...... :ph34r:

Cheers
DrSmurto

uhhh....yes....yes I can......:)

Just a quick question to all. What is the critique? AG and K&K or all AG.Or dare I say it all K&K :eek:

BREWER AND STYLE:
1. KHB-Khocaholic Porter
2. Domonsura
4. wee stu
6. Backyard Brewer - Some Type of Porter
8. Homekegger1 - Robust Porter
9. Jazman smoked porter or dopplebock
10. choppadoo - Russian Imperial Stout
11. Rustyc - Scottish Ale
12. BenH - Northern English Brown Ale
13. MickOz
14. Tim F
15. DrSmurto - Dark Mild
16. Ryan - Stout
17. RussTaylor

BYB

I would have to say all AG, because that's what mine will be.........but at least if it's kit/partial....identify it as such :)

I'm fairly sure there are a few people on this list that only brew kits at the moment and I don't have a problem with that.

However if you can do a full/partial mash, please do it. It doesn't seem fair for someone to submit a case of full-mashed beers and get kit/extract (dare i say, second rate) beer from some of those who have the means and knowledge to mash.

There's plenty of time before the swap :)

I'm fairly sure there are a few people on this list that only brew kits at the moment and I don't have a problem with that.

However if you can do a full/partial mash, please do it. It doesn't seem fair for someone to submit a case of full-mashed beers and get kit/extract (dare i say, second rate) beer from some of those who have the means and knowledge to mash.

There's plenty of time before the swap :)

I think that's a fair call....no taking the easy option if you are capable of doing a mash :D

Personally, I'd be keen for AG only in the case swap. Might be the fulcrum to move a few K&Kers over to the dark side...
A case swap is a good forum for getting some feedback on your beers for newcomers to AG. ;)

Cheers

Don't forget that one of the best beers in the Christmas case was a partial! ;)

Wayne said I could quote him on that! :lol:

Actually people could be constructive about this.

If K&K people would like to put up their hands for an AG buddy, and vice versa,
that buddy could volunteer to "host" a brew day,
where K&K brewer comes along with his ingredients for the case swap (grain, hops etc.) and his fermenter and brews on his AG "host's" equipment and takes the fermenter (or cube) of fermenting wort home at the end.

Latest posts

Back