2008 Sa Christmas In July Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I should be able to go in for this just in the middle of re-building my brewery so out of action at the moment but hope to be back up and running by then. Screw it count me in just have to push things a bit

yeah for sure, im in.

1. KHB
2. Domonsura
3. Adam
4. wee stu
5. peas_and_corn
6.Backyard Brewer
7.GMK
8.Homekegger1
9.Jazman(maybee)????????
10. choppadoo

cheers fellas see you and your beers there.

chops

1. KHB
2. Domonsura
3. Adam
4. wee stu
5. peas_and_corn
6.Backyard Brewer
7.GMK
8.Homekegger1
9.Jazman(maybee)????????
10. choppadoo
11.Rustyc

1. KHB
2. Domonsura
3. Adam
4. wee stu
5. peas_and_corn
6.Backyard Brewer
7.GMK
8.Homekegger1
9.Jazman(maybee)????????
10. choppadoo
11.Rustyc
12. BenH

No idea what I'll have up for offer. Any ideas on a theme?

I have a theme.....BEER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:....perhaps by then I will have found the time to make some.....

Great to see another case swap happening in SA.
We now have a Case Swap section in the WIKI, to make the organisation of these much easier.
Please create a SA July '08 Case Swap article in the WIKI.

Beers,
Doc

Have just done so Doc, and will update it when necessary.

We need one more participant to make a case of longnecks for everyone.

The sooner we have details set the greater variety of styles we leave open for everyone to brew!

Well SWAMBO is starting to have some second thoughts about having the swap so close after the baby is due, so im putting it out there to see if someone wants to volunteer there place. I will still be going and will do my best to help the person who puts there place up to do the cooking on the day (being a chef)

Sorry for any inconvinence

Cheers Ben

Well SWAMBO is starting to have some second thoughts about having the swap so close after the baby is due, so im putting it out there to see if someone wants to volunteer there place. I will still be going and will do my best to help the person who puts there place up to do the cooking on the day (being a chef)

Sorry for any inconvinence

Cheers Ben

My hand is up. Just down the road at Nuriootpa. Plenty of back lawn for tents, the lawn should be back to a green colour by then.How does July 5 sound?? My birthday that day as well.If that day does not suit I am open to any other week-end other than the 19-20 as I will be in Melbourne. Yes beer is a good theme, how about winter beers? Dark Ales,Stout and so on??Follow the link to My Place (Roberts Crt)
BYB

Is there something you're trying to tell us? Maybe you're a chef? :)

I thought we already had this discussion lol

Cheers BYB would be good if everyone else is happy with that

Hi Guys,

You can put me down too. That makes a dozen beers in the case right?
Not sure how long I will be able to stay at the meet, but I can be there.

Okay to bring the family?

Mick

Hi Guys,

You can put me down too. That makes a dozen beers in the case right?
Not sure how long I will be able to stay at the meet, but I can be there.

Okay to bring the family?

Mick

You might as well, mine will be here ;) You will most likely need at least one person to drive you home.

BYB

You might as well, mine will be here ;) You will most likely need at least one person to drive you home.

BYB

What the hell...what do I care...as long as I have a spare patch of grass to fall over on :) I hope you realise that I'm not HALF as well behaved when I'm at someone elses house....:lol:

What the hell...what do I care...as long as I have a spare patch of grass to fall over on :) I hope you realise that I'm not HALF as well behaved when I'm at someone elses house....:lol:

You should have enough time to talk the legs off all my chairs,and my three legged cat.

BYB

1. KHB
2. Domonsura
3. Adam
4. wee stu
5. peas_and_corn
6.Backyard Brewer
7.GMK
8.Homekegger1
9.Jazman(maybee)????????
10. choppadoo
11.Rustyc
12. BenH
13. MickOz

OK! We have 13... pending Jazman's inclusion.

I think the "winter" theme is a good idea. Beefy ales and stouts, dark lagers, bocks, etc.

1 longneck of said beer for each other person on the list. i.e. at this stage each person brings 12 longnecks. Don't forget to bring beer to share around on the day.

As we have plenty of time leading up to the case swap, it would be best to ensure your beer is bottled a few weeks before swap day. This will ensure there will be no bottle bombs, which can and do happen.

If you have decided what you are going to brew please put the style next to your name so we don't end up with a case full of the same style beer.

1. KHB
2. Domonsura
3. Adam
4. wee stu
5. peas_and_corn
6. Backyard Brewer
7. GMK
8. Homekegger1
9. Jazman (to confirm)
10. choppadoo
11. Rustyc
12. BenH
13. MickOz

If anyone else has suggestions to make this easier/more organised, post away!

OK! We have 13... pending Jazman's inclusion.

I think the "winter" theme is a good idea. Beefy ales and stouts, dark lagers, bocks, etc.

1 longneck of said beer for each other person on the list. i.e. at this stage each person brings 12 longnecks. Don't forget to bring beer to share around on the day.

As we have plenty of time leading up to the case swap, it would be best to ensure your beer is bottled a few weeks before swap day. This will ensure there will be no bottle bombs, which can and do happen.

If you have decided what you are going to brew please put the style next to your name so we don't end up with a case full of the same style beer.

1. KHB
2. Domonsura
3. Adam
4. wee stu
5. peas_and_corn
6. Backyard Brewer
7. GMK
8. Homekegger1
9. Jazman (to confirm)
10. choppadoo
11. Rustyc
12. BenH
13. MickOz

If anyone else has suggestions to make this easier/more organised, post away!

Well first of all a concessus on the date would be a great start.Who wants to pitch a tent.Even have room for a caravan in the drive if thats your fancy.The local caravan park is basically on my back door check it out The infamaous "Screwtop" has even stayed there.How many extras besides the names on the list e.g wives,girlfriends kids.Do I need to notify the local constabulary. PM me if you are the shy type.As for style, I am new to the AG scene so it will be something I will procrastinate over.To me stout is stout, dark ale is dark ale and so on.I have one of those miracle/magic boxes on hand for those who feel the need to bring the odd keg or two.Do we want to pitch in for an evening meal or a lunch time thing we have a great award winning pizzeria close by.Bring on some ideas.

Cheers
BYB

Hi all, is it too late to stick my hand up for this as well? Cool if so and I will just drool over all of your reviews ;)

Hi all, is it too late to stick my hand up for this as well? Cool if so and I will just drool over all of your reviews ;)

Me personally, not fussed. But since this is my first case swap I am not sure on the critique that needs to be followed.If the list for the swap is closed I would not see a problem in turning up with a couple of your sample's to share in the day.

Back Yard Brewer

Back