2 popes canonized

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wide eyed and legless

Reaction score
Watching the news of the 2 popes being Canonized led me to a search on the Patron Saint of beer, yes we have one, St Adrian and we also have a St Amand Patron Saint of Brewers and Bar keepers.
Medieval monks were skilled brewers and the daily allowance was a useful 5 litres a day, and the saying 'I'm only here for the beer' originated in those monasteries.

I read it as "2 poops" :unsure:

May the double A's watch over us :p

I thought you needed a couple of posthumous miracles under your cassock before getting your sainthood patch. Were some leppers healed or demons cast into a heard of swine that I missed in the news?
Even that haggered old fanatical panhandler and fraud mother Teresa could only manage the rank of 'blessed'.
Now they're bestowing them Willy - nilly.

Dan Dan said:
It's a miracle anyone would want the job
It's a miracle anyone even gives a shit about this anymore.

'Weird guy does magic trick in front of no-one and proves magic is real'

Cool. Look! Bird.

Cheep.

If only turning water into beer was considered a miracle... then we could all be poops!

Dave70 said:
Were some leppers healed or demons cast into a heard of swine that I missed in the news?
You know, being cast into a herd of swine wouldn't necessarily be all that bad. Swine know how to have a good time... Every day is a dinner, followed by mud-wrestling, followed by more dinner.

Dave70 said:
I thought you needed a couple of posthumous miracles under your cassock before getting your sainthood patch. Were some leppers healed or demons cast into a heard of swine that I missed in the news?
Even that haggered old fanatical panhandler and fraud mother Teresa could only manage the rank of 'blessed'.
Now they're bestowing them Willy - nilly.
Bit like life in general these days. As people our standards have dropped so much any minor thing is "heroic". Just look at the people who lead us. Hate to be a pensioner in the next few years. Politician on the other hand, seems like a pretty good gig, stuff up here and there, and affect thousands of people lives, and get a pay rise. Sweet as. Sign me up

manticle said:
It's a miracle anyone even gives a shit about this anymore.
Mmmm, cult of celebrity you know. More powerful than the force, it is.

3413636773_JesusOnCross_xlarge.png

mje1980 said:
Bit like life in general these days. As people our standards have dropped so much any minor thing is "heroic".
The ads for that bondi vet show which always started with "aussie hero" always made me want to punch the T.V. Or the vet...

If he had his own children's non profit charity then absolutely, instant hero status.

Cape or underpants outside trousers equals hero. Vet though does not.

In my younger days I built a contraption that "canonised" spuds. I never did receive any recognition for that.

words that come to mind are powder ramming pole wadding balls grape loading shot firing what sort of range do you get with a pope?

Latest posts

Back