2 Can Beer Mix

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Use both.

Use a blow off tube or stand well back depending on the recipe and ferment cool.

Cheers :beer:

When doing a 2 can beer mix should i put both yeats in or just one
Got a Cascade IPA and a Cascade Spicy Ghost as a gift so made a toucan adding nothing else. Pitched both yeast sachets and am fermenting at 18 degrees. Been bubbling normally (nothing excesive) for 5 days -No problems. Looked up other threads on subject and only concern seemed to be mixing two different stains of yeast (ale and a true lager). What temperature you brewing at makes a difference. The yeasts with the cans usually always ale yeasts, though it was noted that some kit yeasts are a mix of yeast and ale that require a lower brew temperature. You just got to have a temperature where both yeasts are working.

So what have you got planned, Plugga?

This is the messiest I've had with a toucan stout using both yeasts. A bit of mopping was required but well worth it for the result.
edit: two cans, 500g brown sugar and filled to 23litres.
IMG_2047crop.jpg

one yeast should be enough as you will only be using that 30 litre fermenter , remember to keep the liquid level to about 25 litres max(23 ideally) the second can is only a replacement for the kilo of sugars that you would otherwise be adding so there is no real need for tyhe extra yeast although having said that extra yeast isnt a bad thing and kits only come with 7 gm sachets anyway so i change my mind and say use them both...

Standard recipe is 2.7kg of fermentables but a toucan is 3.4kg or more so definitely use both of them or get a decent yeast (S-04, US-05 etc) and 1 12g pack should be enough.

I used to love toucans back in the K&K daze... 2 tins, both yeasts.. nothing simpler, great results.

Latest posts

Back