19 Litre Kegs $35.00

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Truman42

Reaction score
Just been to the LHBS and they have 19 litre kegs for $35.00.

The brand name on them was AG on one and Firestone on the other and they have ball locks.

Im still a fair way off getting into kegging but these seem fairly cheap and was wondering if I should grab them as he only has two left from a stock of 15.

Are these brands ok?

The brand name on them was AG on one and Firestone on the other and they have ball locks.

Im still a fair way off getting into kegging but these seem fairly cheap and was wondering if I should grab them as he only has two left from a stock of 15.

Are these brands ok?
I have a firestone keg. I'd grab them.

Are these brands ok?

which HBS is that?

Damn cheap @ $35.

Pin locks can be had for about $40 each, normally 2 for $100 with disconnects, seal kits etc.
Ball Locks normally way more ~$65-85.

I have firestone, challenger and some other brand one at home. My Firestone is blue, was that one?

Cheers,
D80

Damn cheap @ $35.

Pin locks can be had for about $40 each, normally 2 for $100 with disconnects, seal kits etc.
Ball Locks normally way more ~$65-85.

I have firestone, challenger and some other brand one at home. My Firestone is blue, was that one?

Cheers,
D80
No not blue just faded dirty aluminium.

naa was yankin his chain... It kinda falls into the dirty tricks book for me, happy to chase them if he gives me a nod though

East of dandy can only be 2 places.... I could use kegs... Lol

Grab em truman before someone else does. Ring the store ask them to put aside.for u. Ask em if they r geltting anymore in and u might be able to get some more. u could tell them there is a market waiting for.

Its alright if you want them give him a call. Im really not ready yet and have more important purchases that need to be made.

Just curious if it was a good buy or not as he may get some more in later when I am ready.

Click here

But if you do buy them, when you pick them up you must call into my work at Hallam and drop me off a couple of HB's as a spotters fee.... :icon_cheers:

Its alright if you want them give him a call. Im really not ready yet and have more important purchases that need to be made.

Just curious if it was a good buy or not as he may get some more in later when I am ready.

Click here
Rubbish two for one is too good to pasa up. Grab them ir ull regret it later

Rubbish two for one is too good to pasa up. Grab them ir ull regret it later

Its not 2 for 1 they are $35 each. SWMBO would probably go ballistic if I spent $70 on more brewing gear as Ive been spending a bit lately and were supposed to be saving for a trip to Cains in May.

Lately shes been on the "You spend a lot of money on a hobby that encourages you to drink more beer which isnt good for you" bandwagon...Sheesh... :angry:

Its not 2 for 1 they are $35 each. SWMBO would probably go ballistic if I spent $70 on more brewing gear as Ive been spending a bit lately and were supposed to be saving for a trip to Cains in May.

Lately shes been on the "You spend a lot of money on a hobby that encourages you to drink more beer which isnt good for you" bandwagon...Sheesh... :angry:

How about replying with "I work long hours in a less than enjoyable vocation to provide a comfortable living for my family and in the very least this should entitle me to the enjoyment of a weekly six pack and occasional session with friends. Home brewing is an investment that will reduce the cost of my inevitable consumption of beer by 5 times."

You cover moral and economical reasoning. Works for me. ;)

And yeah, I'd grab the kegs now at that price if you can get it past the wife without her busting your balls over it. Trust me, I know that it's sometimes not worth the emotional energy.

Edit: Also, my grandpa (who my wife really likes) attributes his youthful character to a daily beer or two, despite being 90 already! This seems to help too! Everyone knows an old fella doing well for themselves who drinks ber.

I meant that u pay $60 odd for 1 ball lock keg so its basicly 2 for 1. Just use any excuse. thats how I went from 2 to 4 to 12.

Back