19 Litre Kegs $35.00

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How about replying with "I work long hours in a less than enjoyable vocation to provide a comfortable living for my family and in the very least this should entitle me to the enjoyment of a weekly six pack and occasional session with friends. Home brewing is an investment that will reduce the cost of my inevitable consumption of beer by 5 times."

You cover moral and economical reasoning. Works for me. ;)

And yeah, I'd grab the kegs now at that price if you can get it past the wife without her busting your balls over it. Trust me, I know that it's sometimes not worth the emotional energy.

Edit: Also, my grandpa (who my wife really likes) attributes his youthful character to a daily beer or two, despite being 90 already! This seems to help too! Everyone knows an old fella doing well for themselves who drinks ber.

Yeh Ive tried that one already..I only drink 2 a day and some nights only one, but she thinks thats too much. I did three batches just before xmas and she thinks that should last for the first 3 months of this year.
Problem is when I dont have HB I go and buy two stubbies of a craft beer (usually Red Hill Scotch Ale) at $5.00 a pop so thats around $70 a week.

Mind you shes an online shop-a-holic.

Cheap crap from Deals Direct rocks up in the post almost daily and half of it is shit that doesnt last a month or more. But she agreed to cut that down if I do the same with HB so I have to stick to our agreement

I wonder if they're converted pin-locks.

pin-lock kegs are normally wider and shorter than the normal ball-lock ones. Are they circa 64cm tall and about 20.5cm wide? or are they wider and shorter?

http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/inde...showtopic=37909

pepsi : 640x210 (without disconnects).
coke: 560 x 230

pinlocks on left, ball-locks on right
Coneliuskeg.jpg

Cairns sucks.

Buy the kegs: they're stupid cheap, and you'll regret it when you eventually do buy kegs if you miss out

Okay, "Cairns sucks" is mean, i'll take it back. Is there any good beer in Cairns?

Truman,

Kegging will free you up to spend more quality time with the Mrs.
Way quicker than bottling. Way neater than bottling.

There is an angle for you.

Just do it man. Once the SWMBO sh!storm has blown over then both of you will see it was the right decision.

Cheers,
D80

Edit: just read your post above.
Give up the red hill for 2 weeks and you are in the clear.

Cairns sucks.

Buy the kegs: they're stupid cheap, and you'll regret it when you eventually do buy kegs if you miss out

Okay, "Cairns sucks" is mean, i'll take it back. Is there any good beer in Cairns?

Yes good beer to be had at Blue Sky Brewery in Cairns.

+1 of stupid cheap.

:icon_cheers:

Give up the red hill for 2 weeks and you are in the clear.

I cant man..Im hooked... :rolleyes:

Im happy to let them go to someone like Yob who will see that they are filled and working in all their glory than sit in my garage for a year or two. Ive got no room to store a keg fridge yet unless I get rid of my fermenting fridge so Im a long way off kegging right now.

Yes good beer to be had at Blue Sky Brewery in Cairns.

+1 of stupid cheap.

Blue sky brewery has closed down temporarily. My dad lives in Cairns and he said it was something about a disagrement with the landlord.

Maybe a local could fill us in on the details.

I cant man..Im hooked... :rolleyes:

Im happy to let them go to someone like Yob who will see that they are filled and working in all their glory than sit in my garage for a year or two. Ive got no room to store a keg fridge yet unless I get rid of my fermenting fridge so Im a long way off kegging right now.

Well no fridge would make it hard going.
Could always put the keg in the fermenting fridge during cold conditioning phase :)

Where there is a will there is a way!

Cheers,
D80

It is easier to seek forgiveness than permission. Just buy them and tell her after.

Making up will be all the better afterward too
hump.gif

So you make a thread and everyone says yeah buy them, great deal, and then you say nah sorry can't buy them the wife doesn't want me to?

Not trying to argue with you or whatever, I'm sure you're a nice guy and all that, but I'm genuinely curious do you literally get a rush from making a new thread or something? Just bored? That's fine I'm just curious because I don't understand it.

they aint pressure tested... WTF does that mean? The seals could/probably are shot?

I know shite all about kegs... :blink:

ed: My wife will give me a look but never says boo to anything I need :wub:

they aint pressure tested... WTF does that mean? The seals could/probably are shot?
Seals are cheap, I'd be more worried about something mechanically being wrong with them, but if they look OK, then they probably are OK (just need new seals).
You know they're only about 5 mins up the road from me. ;)

Surprised to hear Blue Sky Brewery has shut. I remember the owner (a few years back) telling me there wasn't much money in it....though he didn't look short of a buck! Not a bad drop in there....won some awards I think.

And Truman, I told "the little lady" my drinking only got serious when I met her.....she encourages me to drink since then.

So you make a thread and everyone says yeah buy them, great deal, and then you say nah sorry can't buy them the wife doesn't want me to?

Not trying to argue with you or whatever, I'm sure you're a nice guy and all that, but I'm genuinely curious do you literally get a rush from making a new thread or something? Just bored? That's fine I'm just curious because I don't understand it.
Because originally I was going to buy them. But then I summed it all up and considered my options and decided that with all the other gear I would need to get into kegging the cost would blow out and I'm just not ready for it right now.
Also as a few people such as Yob seemed keen to get these and will probably make more immediate use out of them I would rather see them go to a fellow ahb member than maybe sit in my shed for a year or more.
Because yes I am a nice guy and what goes around comes around.
There will be others when I am ready to get into kegging.

I promised the missus to kerb my brewery spending and got caught up in the moment upon seeing a bargain.

This thread delivers. Good work on giving people in Melbs a chance to get some cheap kegs mate.

Anyone actually picked some up? Might go for a drive tomorrow. Are they definatly standard ball lock ie. Pepsi 210mm diameter?

1.JPG

seal kits at keg king are cheap as chips

:icon_chickcheers: turuman... you will have to attend the july swap to collect that beer ;)

mutha of all fuckers!!

Im sure I will get it rectified, the guy has charged me twice... $140 for the kegs aint such a good deal :unsure:

I'll be all over the guy come monday

Latest posts

Back