19 Litre Kegs $35.00

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How did he manage that one? Bill your card for double the amount? Im sure he will fix it for you on Monday.

Yes will collect those beers from you at the July xmas case swap. Pity I wasnt working yesterday.. :icon_cheers:

So you were happy with them?

If he gets anymore I will let you guys know as I call in their from time to time.

some bollox about a new card machine, said he accidently 'declined' the first swipe <_<

Happy enough with the kegs yeah... dropped into Keg King and got some seal kits for them too, just in case,

Im not yet ready to fill them but it's a good thing to have them there for whenm I do :rolleyes:

Cheers Truman, good spotting.

Hes Mr personality isnt he?? I only really go there for emergency supplies as hes just around the corner from work. Otherwise I head to G&G on a Saturday morning. Its worth the drive from Frankytown.

(Except last Saturday they only had 2 lanes open on the Westgate both ways for road works and it took 40 mins to get from the tunnel to G&G.. :angry:

Hes Mr personality isnt he?? I only really go there for emergency supplies as hes just around the corner from work.
Been there once or twice and quickly learned to avoid the place, even if it's technically my LHBS.

(KegKing is is closer than G&G too).

Yeh mate only found out about keg king thanks to you. Will be checking them out.

After some denial, and additional bollox about his 'new machine' and bank he has agreed to refund the 'extra' swipe...

will be watching the bank account

:icon_cheers:

lmao... he has agreed to refund the addional swipe???.... what a wanker. More to the point he has no choice but to refund the 1/2 the taken amount. He only had authority to take $70 and if he doesn't refund it then take it up with "Visa" assuming you used Visa. They will cover you for fraud etc and will rip the money out of his lard ass.

After some denial, and additional bollox about his 'new machine' and bank he has agreed to refund the 'extra' swipe...

will be watching the bank account

I can arrange to send some of "The boys" down there to "extract" the money if you like... :D

What a dick, why would he attempt to deny overcharging you when his till would be out and he would know it.

the first thing he said was that his till ballenced and blah.. blah.. blah...

I call a big fat bullshit and he is to be watched... its just lucky that I keep a close watch on my accounts these days after getting fleeced by some online gambling thing last year...

anywhoo, all well that ends well.

I probably wont visit there again though unless for a cash transaction.

It can be less paper work to get the merchant to refund than to go through the refund process with the card issuer

Best to watch the guy with your card... you should have to view the credited amount before authorizing...

and if he swipes more than once always keep the customer copy of the receipt. It should be either a declined or error receipt etc.

Mind you, if someone charged me twice x 70$ in quick succession my bank would be calling me up to ask if I should let the second transaction through (happened before)

Mind you, if someone charged me twice x 70$ in quick succession my bank would be calling me up to ask if I should let the second transaction through (happened before)
yup agreed.

hell i signed up to 3 seperate services with telstra on the same day the other week and it apparently rang alarm bells with telstra's fraud group and they were ringing me up wanting to confirm who I was and that it was really me signing up to services, and Im giving them money!

what a douche this bloke must be.

oh well, alls well that ends well ian. enjoy those cheap kegs

yup agreed.

hell i signed up to 3 seperate services with telstra on the same day the other week and it apparently rang alarm bells with telstra's fraud group and they were ringing me up wanting to confirm who I was and that it was really me signing up to services, and Im giving them money!

what a douche this bloke must be.

oh well, alls well that ends well ian. enjoy those cheap kegs

Yes, You do need to watch what is happening

My wife used her card 3 times in the one shop in the same day and the bank rang her to confirm if it was in fact, her using the card.

:icon_offtopic:
A few years ago I had to go to a funeral in Sydney and on the way I bought fuel at a servo in Yass.
It was a gentleman of eastern origin that served me at the cashiers and I noticed that he swiped two manual dockets with my card.
He placed on of the dockets in his signed tray and offered the other one for me to sign.
It was luck that I saw him do it and I questioned him about the second docket before I signed the one offered.
He said
"solly I make mistake!"

I said "intercourse me, give me that other docket immediately"

He passed it over without a word and I made him write cancelled on it and I kept it for my record.

I then offered him a valuable suggestion that if there was any discrepency with my Visa account I would return to see him and after my visit he may find himself breathing out of his lower orrifice.

I was pleased when all ended well for me but as far as the ongoing health of the oriental gentleman was concerned I feel that it would only be a matter of time before he shafted some truckie who was down to his last dollar, and then, he would find himself a little worse for wear.

Cheers

Majestic cellars double charged me once for a six pack. When I went in there next time they said they had been waiting for me to show up and offered me the money which I used as credit. So some are honest as I would have had no idea.

Ive heard story's about the said LBS so it doesn't surprise me.

I had the opposite experience with Telstra-fraud people, somebody was using our bank account to pay for their Telstra mobile bill (it seems that if you give someone your name/BSB/Account Number - like we do here for Bulk Buys - that is all they need to buy and pay online with Telstra) however, Telstra would simply not give me any details about the account because it was not in my name, even though it had been paid for with our account. It took a trip to the bank (who then called Telstra) to get them to stop and reverse the payments.

Gee that's a bit rough!... was there any compensation rewarded condsidering you had to do the 'leg work' to stop the transactions?

I reckon I would have been fuming!... I am now and I only just read it. I hate Telstra with a passion :angry: and it shits me to tears these big companies can virtually get away with murder.

Back