19 Litre Big W Pot Beersmith Setup

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wizard78

Reaction score
G'day all,
Just wonder if anyone has setup a 19 litre pot profile for biab if so can someone help me out with what setting to use.
Trying to learn the program, this stuff can be a bit overwhelming at the start. :blink:
Thanks in advance
Brad :icon_cheers:

Does this look right?
equipment_beersmith.JPG

G'day wizard78

Looks ok assuming the pot weighs in at 2.00kg - weigh this as accurately as you can as it effects mash/strike thermal calcs.
I don't BIAB but maybe it's worth throwing the bag into the pot and weighing all together to get the complete thermal mass?

I have the Calculate Boil Volume Automatically option ticked to allow for longer boils when required. You end up with the correct volume & OG at the end by adjusting the pre-boil volume.

Evaporation rate will be trial and error but that looks ok to start with.
Take accurate pre & post boils volumes with times and tweak the settings over the next few batches.

I'd actually prefer the evap rate measured in litres/hour rather than % of total lost as the % method doesn't allow for large differences in batch sizes - but that's just my opinion.
Keep the batch sizes relatively constant and it shouldn't be that hard to dial in.

I also have a value in the Lost to Boil trub and chiller box but some people just add this to their total required volume. Swings and round-abouts. What ever works for you. :chug:

Thanks for the help shmick, so i guess there's abit of fine tuning that you can only do once you've done some batches.
Cheers :icon_cheers:

Back