$18 Pint. Is This A Record?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds like the Claremont Hotel.... Now Swizzle I dont remember that being on my pub crawl list! Apparently the best place to pick up in PERTH!

Geez that's information I could've done with a bit before now Katie! Kinda puts the $18 pints into perspective. Maybe they contain some of those pheromones that make you more attractive to people.

I did make it to Little Creatures as well, and the Sail and Anchor. Both chock full of good beer and surprisingly cheap compared to the Claremont!

Yeah Little Creatures is the cheapest place to get a Little Creatures in Perth and the nicest. I actually spent the WHOLE day there on Monday...

What did you think of the IPA at the Sail and Anchor???

Yeah Little Creatures is the cheapest place to get a Little Creatures in Perth and the nicest. I actually spent the WHOLE day there on Monday...

What did you think of the IPA at the Sail and Anchor???

Full day huh? Great spot no question. Missed you by a week!

IPA ummmm (scanning scanning) was that the one they make there? If so, loved it. Must admit there were a few hours relaxing at LC before that. The Brass Monkey Stout also hit the spot v nicely.

I thought I could live in Freo - until I saw the price of real estate!

$9 a stubbie for Corona seems a regular price now-a-days and $10 for Asahi :huh:
It's out of control, I don't understand how people can afford to go out.

Corona as in the stuff from Mexico? The stuff you put lime in?

Long time ago in the late 80s I did work for a guy that went south for the diving and drank corona on the beach while cooking the found from diving. Claimed he paid 25 cents a bottle. Is like $12US or so a case of 12 12 ouncers here on sale.

I thought I could live in Freo - until I saw the price of real estate!

Your lucky you only brought a drink at the Claremont... now real estate there is much scary then a $18 pint...

Yes Sail and Anchor make the IPA... one of my fav's.

Your lucky you only brought a drink at the Claremont... now real estate there is much scary then a $18 pint...

Yes Sail and Anchor make the IPA... one of my fav's.

I'm about to attempt my first LCPA. Do you have a kit based Sail and Anchor IPA recipe?

I'm about to attempt my first LCPA. Do you have a kit based Sail and Anchor IPA recipe?

I remember doing a kit IPA which was okay, I drank it but nothing like the Sail and Anchors.

NO! I would say that would be impossible, Im not really in cloneing.... Ill be back up and brewing BIAB style in a month all so... Pale ales and IPA's......

Paying $18 for this German Import at the Bavarian Bier Cafe at Manly Pier was a bit sudden, but it was a litre.

litr.JPG

Most expensive beer I've ever bought was $18 for a litre of something German at the Bier Cafe at Manly Pier but at least I could sit and watch some backpackers in bikinis on the beach :p
View attachment 33828

Paying $18 for this German Import at the Bavarian Bier Cafe at Manly Pier was a bit sudden, but it was a litre.
View attachment 33828

yes.. all from this thread

There is either a glitch in the matrix

deja-vu-matrix.jpg

OR

http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/inde...showtopic=39855
Put your little hand in mine........

GroundhogDay-thumb-550x383-15621.jpg

I think its groundhog day.

I've found from experience that pubs that charge that much for hoegaarden generally have pretty bad hoegaarden, as noone ever buys it and it goes sour in the lines :blink:

Word is the Rogue beers on at the taphouse atm are $9.50 for halves with no pints available. That's the record for me...

$9.80 for a 310ml tulip at the St Kilda Local. Pricey but still not that bad given the Rogue bottles are about $7.20 for an equivalent amount and you then have to work in the bar markup. Beer Deluxe charged $12 for about the same amount of Murray's Big Wednesday. That's pretty bad.

$9.80 for a 310ml tulip at the St Kilda Local. Pricey but still not that bad given the Rogue bottles are about $7.20 for an equivalent amount and you then have to work in the bar markup. Beer Deluxe charged $12 for about the same amount of Murray's Big Wednesday. That's pretty bad.

What?!? Had a pint of Big Wednesday for under $10 IIRC at the taphouse last week. $12 for a middy is nuts!

$15 for 500ml at Belgian Beer Cafe, Brisbane... Hoegaerden, Leffe Blonde, Leffe Dark etc.... not even a pint!!

farkin hell, $18 a pint, I knew WA was exxy but not like that! im in the goldy at the moment and am happy with $10 pints of hoe from the local.

iirc the only bottlo I've seen rogues bottles (swingtop ceramic, 22oz i think) at here in aus were charging $30+ for one bottle. $9.20 is worth it for such a rarity imo.

[quote name='O'Henry' post='568034' date='Dec 14 2009, 12:04 AM']What?!? Had a pint of Big Wednesday for under $10 IIRC at the taphouse last week. $12 for a middy is nuts![/quote]

Beer Deluxe is farking expensive and I wasn't entirely happy with the price but it was my only chance to try the beer so paid it. To be fair, it is located right on Federation Square in Melbourne, has a lot of staff and seems to be geared to the yuppy, "premium, imported beer is trendy" crowd so the prices match that vibe. Would I do it again? No, I wouldn't but it was worth a shot. It's just disappointing that the Local in St Kilda didn't get any.

iirc the only bottlo I've seen rogues bottles (swingtop ceramic, 22oz i think) at here in aus were charging $30+ for one bottle. $9.20 is worth it for such a rarity imo.

You are thinking of the XS-series Imperials. I'm talking about the 22oz non-XS glass bomber bottles which retail at Slowbeer and other retailers for about $15. The beers currently on tap at the Local are these less expensive ones.

Latest posts

Back