15 Amp For Braumeister

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fwiw, have you checked to see if the oven (or the electric water heater if you have one) has a plug & socket? Old ones are often hard-wired but many newer ovens have plugs.

Ahhhh good thought. Ovens are most often 15a dedicated single circuits.

I thought all rental houses in Queensland had to have RCD protection? Is the RCD only for the power, lights circuit etc?

Ovens do not require to be RCD protected and most often will not be. It is just the power and light ccts

Ovens do not require to be RCD protected and most often will not be. It is just the power and light ccts

So I can safely stick a knife in the toaster but not in the grill? :p
Kind of an odd rule isn't it.

Every time I read "BM" in this thread I read "Bowel Movement". Stupid American TV.

Saw a sparky out the front of my flat one day, so I asked him to come in and have a look and give me a quote just for kicks.

I got a kick- when he said $550 ($500 cash)!!

Saying that, It is an old place. Still has wire fuses. He said that he would have to update them in order to be compliant.

Glad to see some common sense has taken over. I'll post a picture of what happens to 10a points when a 15a device causes a failure later tonight. Soon as find where my damn packup from the iphone update went to.

Latest posts

Back