• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

128-200 Mj Mongolian 32 Jet Burner

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ekul

Reaction score
Hi everyone
Keefer bros just sold me a 32 jet mongolian burner with an 18' steel pipe, 1.8m steel brainded hose, ball valve and reg for $98. Its rated as 200MJ on their site but when i recieved an email from them they said it was only 128MJ. Still more than enough for making triple batches apparently.

I was talking to someone else on ahb and he said that some of the staff there are a little clueless. I talked to a guy called Robert and he sorted me out. Freight was cheap too. Their website is www.keeferbros.com.au

Hope that helps

:eek: That is pretty cheap!! Hmm, I wonder if they post to NZ

Yeah they're pretty helpful. As long as you paid the postage i can't see why they wouldn't.

Its rated as 200MJ on their site but when i recieved an email from them they said it was only 128MJ. Still more than enough for making triple batches apparently.

I use one of these on my big system and can easily do 150L batches with it, and even then its a struggle to keep boilovers from occurring. I would think it could handle at least 200-250L boils if necessary.

They suck some gas though, for a 150L batch it goes through pretty much a full 9kg bottle.

That's a pretty serious burner. The one you saw on my rig last weekend was a 20 jet with a med pressure reg; you saw how quick it got the water up to temp and I am planning on using it for triple batches. Your one will be nearly double that! What reg did you get with it, hope it is adjustable so you can back off once you get to the boil.

QldKev

I use one of these on my big system and can easily do 150L batches with it, and even then its a struggle to keep boilovers from occurring. I would think it could handle at least 200-250L boils if necessary.

They suck some gas though, for a 150L batch it goes through pretty much a full 9kg bottle.
TD your comment jolted my memory That Mongolian burns are not really adjustable, like you cant turn them down to a simmer Etc.Other than that they are cheap. I like more control on my burners.
GB

Even with the adj reg they tend to soot up on low flame. We need a 3 ring Mongolian burner. ie 10, 20 or 30 jets running.

QldKev

I was told that 200MJ would be enough to boil a44 gallon drum if i wanted to. I didn't know that they couldn't be turned down though so i hope its not too much. Was getting sick of the other shit one (single ring burner the double) that i had so i thought i'd get one that i'd never need to upgrade. The other one that i was using soot up real bad. I wonder if some of the holes could be blocked? Maybe i could unscrew where they attach and insert bolts? I'll have to have a look when it gets here.

I was told that 200MJ would be enough to boil a44 gallon drum if i wanted to. I didn't know that they couldn't be turned down though so i hope its not too much. Was getting sick of the other shit one (single ring burner the double) that i had so i thought i'd get one that i'd never need to upgrade. The other one that i was using soot up real bad. I wonder if some of the holes could be blocked? Maybe i could unscrew where they attach and insert bolts? I'll have to have a look when it gets here.

Yep you can screw out the jets and screw in a bolt no problems. Can't remember who but someone on here has done it. Also remember when you go to 3V with herms/rims you will be entering the kettle at mash out temps of at least 80, so you will not need a huge amount of power to get to the biol. Unlike BIAB were you need to push the entire volume at each step.

QldKev

Ha reminded me of that person who stuck their finger in the dyke, apparently the dyke didn't like it . :p
GB

Keefer bros have been such a delight to buy from. Whilst in transit one of the jets broke off my burner. I contacted the company to get another one and even though it wasn't their fault they sent me 4 brand new jets free of charge, express post!!

The other thing is, when i looked at my receipt the burner by itself was around $50 by itself. I'm not sure if they sell them without the kit but if you already had all the other parts of the kit it would be a very cheap burner indeed. Mine is pretty hot, i'm currently trying to work out a way to replace the jets with bolts! If i had to buy a new one i'd probably go with a smaller one.

I was talking to a guy called rob there, he was extremely helpful.

BTW, i'm in no way associated with them, just very pleased by their prices and customer service

Keefer bros have been such a delight to buy from.

I just bought a 32 burner from them also - cheapest around for the entire kit. Forget Grain & Grape, craftbrewer or Beerbelly.

Customer service was great too - I recommend them highly.

Keefer bros have been such a delight to buy from. Whilst in transit one of the jets broke off my burner. I contacted the company to get another one and even though it wasn't their fault they sent me 4 brand new jets free of charge, express post!!

The other thing is, when i looked at my receipt the burner by itself was around $50 by itself. I'm not sure if they sell them without the kit but if you already had all the other parts of the kit it would be a very cheap burner indeed. Mine is pretty hot, i'm currently trying to work out a way to replace the jets with bolts! If i had to buy a new one i'd probably go with a smaller one.

I was talking to a guy called rob there, he was extremely helpful.

BTW, i'm in no way associated with them, just very pleased by their prices and customer service

Whats the go with replacing the jets with bolts,Ive heard it mentioned a couple of times,whats the benefit,thanks

Can anyone tell me what is the best size to get for a 60 to 75lt boil don't want over kill but don't want struggle street either

kenworthy- its to save on gas. On these big burners they put out that much heat that you don't need all the jets going unless doing a really big boil.

Looking for a burner and saw the recommendation so I sent them an email. They have made a package for me based on what you ordered ekul and it came to $269 before postage... am i just being taken for a ride? massively taking the piss if they think im paying that much anyway

Looking for a burner and saw the recommendation so I sent them an email. They have made a package for me based on what you ordered ekul and it came to $269 before postage... am i just being taken for a ride? massively taking the piss if they think im paying that much anyway

Hi Lespaul

$269 bucks before postage sounds a bit rich. I you can get a 110 mj mega jet burner from BCF or Anaconda for under $200
http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/inde...showtopic=47243

110 mj is heaps unless you are trying to boil a 44 gallon drum of cold water in under 15 mins. I have a 50 litre pot that I can bring up to a rolling boil in under 20 mins with my mega jet burner.

The bigger the mj rating the quicker you will chew through a BBQ bottle of gas. You will get 25.5 mj of energy per litre of LPG.
100 mj burner running flat out will chew up to 2.5 litres of LPG per hour, a 200 mj burner will chew up to 5 litres per hour.
Your standard 8.5 kg bbq will hold 16 litres of LPG
Just some info to consider
Cheers
Holla :icon_cheers:

auscrown.com.au

Whoa!! Thats a total rort les paul! I knew someone that went in there and they said that some people in there don't know what they are talking about.
Give them a call on +61 3 9580 4777 and ask for robert, he will sort you out. I only bought mine recently, there's no way the price has gone up that much.

Yeh sounds good, i might just give them a bell.
I wrote an email to auscrown asking for prices...havent heard back <_<
Probably give the 20 jet mongolian a go though
Cheers!

Latest posts

Back