120 Litre Fermenter

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gundaroo

Reaction score
just wondering if anyone has used one this size, i currently have 3x 25 litre and one 60 litre fermenter and have aquired a few more kegs. so i am now thinking along the lines of a "double" double batch,(k&k).

i have seen some 200 litre ones around,not sure how to fit a tap to one this size though.

cheers,
gundaroo

From memory ibrew up in QLD do larger scale plastic fermenters. I've always had a tentative eye on them in case I ever got the urge to ferment bigger batches. Seems like a much better option than a conical to me, which is the other main option when you get to this size.

edit: not sure which ones you are referring to, but if you have to drill a hole for a tap etc I would ditch that option. The ibrew ones if I recall correctly are just larger versions of the 60L jobbies, so they have taps and proper lids etc.

Bunnings has water tanks, appear to he HDPE (not 100%), of various sizes from 120L up to 250L for quite cheap.

It wouldn't take much effort to drill a hole and install a tap or ball valve even.

Not sure how well the lids seal, could always add a rubber bung or just use glad wrap method.

Back