10litre braumeister

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wonder how much a new control box will be

I just committed to a new 50L one.

I am stoked and scared at the same time.

Tax right off, of course.

jonnir said:
^^ lucky guy
Still struggling to justify it myself. But improved beer, less time brewing, safer brewing with a little assistant brewer now on the scene and some savings have all contributed.

I'm trying to justify it to myself aswell before I pull the trigger eventually.

Lets make it harder on yourself! I believe you BIAB? Does it get any easier?

jonnir said:
I'm trying to justify it to myself aswell before I pull the trigger eventually.

Lets make it harder on yourself! I believe you BIAB? Does it get any easier?
I do BIAB, yes.

I'm not happy with some inconsistencies I get with BIAB, generally related to volumes and boil off rates - which can differ in a gas fired unit. And I'd like the ability to do hassle free step mashes and wort recirculation.

I'd like to improve my consistency, add step mashing and remove a naked flame (gas) in the brewery.

I wonder how much interest there would be in a 10L braumeister? Seems a little on the small side to me.

Spiesy said:
I do BIAB, yes.

I'm not happy with some inconsistencies I get with BIAB, generally related to volumes and boil off rates - which can differ in a gas fired unit. And I'd like the ability to do hassle free step mashes and wort recirculation.

I'd like to improve my consistency, add step mashing and remove a naked flame (gas) in the brewery.
Mate braumeisters are awesome! I'm only taking the piss! Congratulations on the purchase mate!

Everyone you talk to that has them loves them, I'm just jealous! ONE DAY!

Take the leap my brothers! I have an only brewed 2 batches so far but gee brew day is easy!

JDW81 said:
I wonder how much interest there would be in a 10L braumeister? Seems a little on the small side to me.
I tend to agree with this however I am on an international BM forum and there is a bit of interest in this size.
Us aussies still like getting the most for the lowest cost.

I hope to be travelling around as a "gray nomad" and was thinking that a ten litre model would be easily used in a caravan situation with the ability to still brew quality beers for the " happy hour" drinks.
Or,
I might just brew 20 litres....:)

Cheers

At ten litres the picobrew zymatic starts to be an interesting competitor.

At 20 litres that new one just released looks interesting :) brewie?

dicko said:
I tend to agree with this however I am on an international BM forum and there is a bit of interest in this size.
I guess the other thing is there is a much higher proportion of apartment dwellers in Europe, where space is a premium. With a 10L you could easily knock up a high gravity wort and dilute out to 15 litres.

Love the idea of having one in the caravan!!

JD

With the old model and the extra discount, that'd make it a smidge over $2500, unless my quick maths are wrong. Not bad, not bad at all...

shaunous said:
With the old model and the extra discount, that'd make it a smidge over $2500, unless my quick maths are wrong. Not bad, not bad at all...
I think $3500 for the 50l minus 20% = $2835 makes it very tempting,but the prices went up $100 so it's $2916 (3600 - 20%)which is not bad really.Then maybe a couple of hundred for a controller swap.How much is postage to Sydney.

Its 20% discount plus a further 10%

Yeah sorry read the site wrong. 2500 ish would be a bloody good price

Back