• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

100L barrel oak (for sale) Brisbane

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maheel

Reaction score
i am thinking i might sell my 100L barrel oak that was bought part of a group buy

pretty much all i have done is soak it with some water to begin to clean out the red wine residue
then i tipped in some vodka in it to keep it fresh

i roll it around my shed a fair bit to keep it wet and now the vodka has a interesting red wine-ish flavor to it
by interesting i mean not offensive just a little strange.

not sure if this will effect the ability of it to store beer but thought there may be people interested

i am never going to fill it.......

asking what i paid = $140
Location Brisbane (Bulimba area) Australia

they look like this when sanded, mine has a few stains from wine etc and needs sanding

old thread
http://aussiehomebrewer.com/topic/70996-100-l-octaves-oak-wine-barrels-brisbane/
http://aussiehomebrewer.com/topic/71560-100l-octaves-oak-wine-barrels-melbourne/

barrel.png

These are quality barrels. The bb thread that these were bought from are in the bb section. They are yalumba octaves.
No affil etc. I arranged a melb bb for 15 of these and everyone's really happy with the quality.

Ashame ur selling maheel

that was fast it's on hold pending view and payment (end of the week)

they are very nice barrels but i am rationalising my brewing / storage gear
and hopefully someone will maximise the value of it :)

2nd dibbers etc will be notified

I've got one to. I paid $ 145. my offer is pick up Birkdale make me an offer. I'll be lucky to brew enough over te next bit of time to feeda mouse! I'll keep the ******* thing if the offer is under the ton! I've rolled it and looked after itso it's smick.

Dammit Rowy, I'm trying to save up for a keg system here!

Oh shit Rowy..... Sooooo tempting. I just don't have the cash ATM....

Bugger!

How many of you guys who bought one of these actually have beer in it? I love the idea but just wonder if it's really feasible.

Batz

I haven't put anything in mine yet. I know a few guys who have put bourbon in theirs, comes out pretty quick on the first fill with a very different red hue and good percent of the wine flavour showing through.

I quite like it, but it's not for every one.

Thinking of doing the vodka treatment like Maheel with mine and then filling with cider in the autumn next year.

How many of you guys who bought one of these actually have beer in it? I love the idea but just wonder if it's really feasible.

Batz
Mine should have the first batch in it in a week or so, a Belgian Imperial Chocolate Wheat Stout.
If I'd didn't have to pay ATO money I'd be all over that one of yours Rowy, the red wine residue would work nicely in a Flanders Red or an Oud Bruin.

Batz - mine is a collaboration brew with some other BABBs types. If I can find a good spot for it I'd be doing a Flanders Red next.

Batz said:
Batz
About to draw out a dark saison that's been soaking in mine for a few months.

Next batch will probably be infecting the barrel with a Flanders.

If either of these barrels where in Sydney I would be all over it.

That is the question - to infect or not to infect?
OK , I'm done with the hijack back to selling octaves....

Its not hijacking if ur bumping his sale listing :)

Infect or not to infect...thats why we bought 2. One to infect and one leave aalone.

Rowy said:
I've got one to. I paid $ 145. my offer is pick up Birkdale make me an offer. I'll be lucky to brew enough over te next bit of time to feeda mouse! I'll keep the ******* thing if the offer is under the ton! I've rolled it and looked after itso it's smick.
Is this still for sale?

Barrel aged Imperial Hefe coming up.

Latest posts

Back