We bought a pub :)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
manticle said:
Missed the MB bike ride because I'm in the midst of shifting house but I hope to get up there at some point soon.
I missed it cause I'm a fat phat *******

Awesome...... Royal George hotel on a Saturday and Holgate at Woodend on a Sunday, I see another brewery/beer drinking weekend coming on slimly disguised as a romantic weekend away with the missus.

I usually stop into Holgate on the way home when we visit the inlaws in Mildura.

We'll definitely stop into the Royal next time too.

Plus, I think swmbo has friends in Kilmore who I previously had absolutely no interest in. They just became fascinating people.

Danwood said:
Plus, I think swmbo has friends in Kilmore who I previously had absolutely no interest in. They just became fascinating people.
Good planning drop her off at Kilmore then drive an hour over to the Royal George in KYNETON.

I thought it was a bit closer than that. Still do-able though.

GrumpyPaul said:
Good planning drop her off at Kilmore then drive an hour over to the Royal George in KYNETON.
you guys get so confused, she drops you off at Kynton then she drives the 2 hour return trip to visit her friends and then returns to pick you up.

mxd said:
you guys get so confused, she drops you off at Kynton then she drives the 2 hour return trip to visit her friends and then returns to pick you up.
much better plan

Excellent news Chris. Only 54mins from home. I was planning a 'family trip' to Woodend anyway so I'll (we'll) definitely be dropping in.

Trev

Trevandjo said:
Excellent news Chris. Only 54mins from home. I was planning a 'family trip' to Woodend anyway so I'll (we'll) definitely be dropping in.

Trev
.....From China??????

Sounds great, I'm about to move back to Daylesford so will be making the trek across for sure!

We definitely have plans to brew.

Probably starting off with at ultra nano scale and building up over time.

Doing it the way everyone tells you not to, even though they start off that way themselves.

mxd said:
This was more my plan.

Trips to Holgate tend to pan out along the lines of me throwing a couple of Hopinators down my gullet while we have lunch. I then express my surprise at the high alcohol content.

"Sorry dear, I couldn't possibly drive now. But you treat yourself to a nice dessert. I might try one more while we're at it...the Empress sounds nice !"

I'll substitute the Royal in this time, I think.

Chris I hope this all works well for you long term. I'm hoping to do the same one day...

I drive up that way from time to time, after having the privilege of sampling your home taps, I'm definitely in for 17 taps at the pub(maybe not in one sitting) but let's not rule anything out.

Bugger, I was only there a couple of months ago. Be sure to drop in next time I'm in town visiting mum.

Nice old pub, hope all goes well

Chris Taylor said:
We definitely have plans to brew.

Probably starting off with at ultra nano scale and building up over time.

Doing it the way everyone tells you not to, even though they start off that way themselves.
Why not? Sounds pretty sensible - the main business being in the commercial craft beer, you could start small with the house beer or house beers and build up over time once you have a vibe going. Are there tax reasons why this wouldn't work?

Latest posts

Back