100 litre 3v electric brewery build

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
20180121_113939.jpg

First brew on the new system put to bed. All up to the yeast now.
I've got some more building to do with the brewery so I'll keep updating as I'm going.
Probably won't be for a couple of months because I'm due back to work next weekend.

The work I want to complete will be the counterflow chiller and oxygenation kit.
Flow controller from link above.

Stainless top for the stand.

3 way valves for brewery.

Way way down the track I'm planning a uni tank or two and glycole or ice bank system controlled from the BCS and able to read from sea at work.

Be nice to link in one of those digital specific gravity readers so I can read remotely too.

That's a while down the track.

Thanks everyone for the interest and kind comments.

Happy brewing [emoji4] [emoji5] [emoji4]

So do you need anyone to look after your brewery, I mean house, whilst you are away?

20180124_183057.jpg

Water flow control kit and oxygen flow control meter rocked up today.
T minus 4 days till i fly to join a ship in Singapore.
Can I build it? **** yes I can.

Hey mate. Awesome build! I aspire to have something similar one day. Just wondering about your SS Brewtech kettles. Curious to know if you researched any other brands before you pulled the trigger on those and reasons why you chose them if you did? Thanks mate

Hey mate. Awesome build! I aspire to have something similar one day. Just wondering about your SS Brewtech kettles. Curious to know if you researched any other brands before you pulled the trigger on those and reasons why you chose them if you did? Thanks mate
I already had 1 Ss kettle and really liked it.
I wanted to keep them all the same for aesthetics. Also really liked the fals bottom for the mash tun Ss does and the volume markings.

Lids can be hung on the handles which have nice silicon grips on them.

Just really good gear.

Are the pumps the 25w Kegking jobbies or the 65w ones? I'm building a similar size setup and was thinking I might need the larger pumps.

Are the pumps the 25w Kegking jobbies or the 65w ones? I'm building a similar size setup and was thinking I might need the larger pumps.
The smaller pumps.
I wanted to go for the larger 65w for whirlpool and cleaning but the smaller seems to be working out well for the first brew.
I might go for a third pump in the 65w so I can clean thr mash while im whirlpooling/chilling

I just had to post the first beer on the new electric system here.
Man, all centennial ale and it's a cracker.
Been crashed for 2 days so still hazy from hops.
Really nice beer. Really happy I've even got a drinker for the first run, and a ripper at that.
Centennial has always been up there as one of my favorite hops but I'm calling it my official fav next to fuggle and zcheck saaz.

20180306_213430.jpg
20180306_213407.jpg

received_1661517877296892.jpeg
received_1661517940630219.jpeg

The last 2 beers I've brewed, an ipa at 1.075 and a wheat at 1.052, have fermented in 4 days to final and had full calculated attenuation.
I'm putting it down to this oxygen kit. Wish I bought this year's ago.

awesome job mate, I take it you got the programming sorted?

Sorry I never got back to you, been very busy this year with a second addition to the clan, finishing my mba and trying to maintain work and social life! haven’t been around the forum much lately but pm me if you did want to compare notes on the Bcs. I’ve got 3x3 ways and 3x2 way valves in my setup.

About the 6th brew with the hop stopper. No whirlpool. Just drain straight after boil finishes and crystal clear wort into the fermentor.

20180917_121747~2.jpeg
20180917_161438.jpeg

That hop stopper looks great. Wonder if it could be fitted to the guten pump inlet.....

Back