100 Can Cooler

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
last time i was at bunnings i noticed that they had a similar item on the shelf
I had a close look a those the other day & if they're the same ones (I assume they are) they're too small for a standard (25-30L) fermenter.

When I was searching for mine I found Kmart to be the place that had the most stock - and at the best price - but I did get mine about 10-12 months ago.

Cheers

microbe

If there is a decent sized pet store/aquarium nearby visit them and see if they have any of the styrofoam boxes that they transport live fish in. I've got one of these and it works a treat with about 2 inches of water in the bottom (cooled with ice bricks if required) and a towel wrapped around the fermenter. You might be able to get a suitable foam box from a fruit & veg market, but last time I checked the broccoli boxes were a little narrow.

Cheers.

god there are so many threads on 100 can coolers. since this one has been bought back to life.....

annaconda still has 100 can coolers made by california innovations. they are great. I can get my temps down to 10C easily.

supercheapauto stocks a very similar item but branded as an item for rinsing outboard boat motors. I think they were relitivly insultaed/sturdy. and they were about $25.

Thanks City Morgue
My cooler had done an awesome job, but it wasn't packed for our move south & I actually made the mistake of giving mine away. There is a super cheap down the road so I will head in there this arvo.
Cheers
Gerard

City morgue 2 is right (as always). Anaconda is the go. They have heaps of them. I use glad wrap on top of fermenter to avoid cutting holes in it for airlock and change frozen bottles twice a day. A bit of water in the bottom helps.

Rodders

Picked up 2 coolers at anaconda today.
$19 each, down from $50 or so.

Tight but good fit for my 30ltr fermenter. cut a slit on top for the airlock and ran the lead for my digithermometer through. No dramas!

The only issue I see is having to take the whole thing out to take a sample, but then I over sample anyway..

Latest posts

Back