100 Can Cooler

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maxy007

Reaction score
Hi All,
Just wondering if the 100 can coolers are still available and if so where from and what brand are they? The biggest I can find is the 50 can cooler from Kmart Belconnen.

Cheers,

Maxy

They are made by California Innovations. http://californiainnovations.com
I have sent them an email today to see about getting one. However I could not see any on thier website.
I will keep you posted If I have any luck.
I too could not find anyone in the Canberra region that had any, let alone order one in.

post-1180-1164172751_thumb.jpg

See the link 100 can cooler bag., Anyone got a piccy?

Cheers

Bulmershe

I have sent them an email today to see about getting one. However I could not see any on thier website.
I too could not find anyone in the Canberra region that had any, let alone order one in.

See the link 100 can cooler bag., Anyone got a piccy?

Cheers

Bulmershe

Hey - thats my laundry :lol: I got mine from Kmart in Tuggeranong! Near the eskies and outdoor settings....that was a good 4-5 months ago now though. Go have a look in Jurckowiz camping shop in Fyshwick - I believe they have something similar but made from canvas.
Cheers
Steve

Thanks Steve,
That sounds like it could be an option. I'll have to have a look at those.
By the way, the reply I added with your laundry photo orignally had reference to you in it but crashed when trying to post it. :p Hence the second time I tried posting it, less words were used and just a link to your original thread.

Cheers.

Bulmershe

Thanks mate. I had a quick look on their site and couldn't see the coolers.
If you hear anything, please let me know.

Cheers

I heard back from California Innovations
They have been discontinued :huh:

Paul,

Thank you for your interest in our products,

Please be advised this item has unfortunately been discontinued, however we do have a comparable item called the Travellin Chef which is only available from: www.qvc.com enter K3389 in the search field

Regards,
CALIFORNIA INNOVATIONS INC.
Consumer Customer Service

Their new product is nothing like the old 100 can cooler and unsuitable for our requirements! :excl:

Cheers

Bulmershe

All the best finding any of these left over.
They're pretty good, although no amount of icebricks could drop the temperature on my primary fermenter below 28c last sunday!!!

Have been trialling an alternative cooling method as i have been unable to track down the 100 can cooler bag. I have my fermenter sitting in a shallow tray (pinched from the missus - she uses it for bread etc for bbqs) with about 2cm of water in it. The fermenter is wrapped in a wet towel which soaks up the water from the tray and with the continual evaporation i can keep the temp at 20-22. It also means i dont have to keep freezing water - my freezer is full of food so no space to do that anyway!

Will take a pic and post it if anyone is interested.

Cheers
DrSmurto

Have been trialling an alternative cooling method as i have been unable to track down the 100 can cooler bag. I have my fermenter sitting in a shallow tray<snip>
Cheers
DrSmurto

shallow tray! That's a good idea. I had a tee shirt on the fermenter with one end
in a bowl of water but the water ran out over night and the wicking was one sided.
Shallow tray next time!

-braufrau

Pics of how i cool the fermenter - trays have 2cm of water, topped up daily.

View attachment 11160

I did a similar thing before I got my 100 can cooler - except I put ice bricks and frozen bottles under the wet towel and made sure the towel covered the top of the fermenter as well. Even on the hottest day this way ferment temp only got to 18 deg. I just changed the ice bricks / bottles twice a day and kept the towel saturated - worked well. ;)

Hi guys,

got one of these cooler bags recently on holiday in QLD. Bought one from Kmart Redbank Plaza, Resbank Plains, and they had a whole aisle full of them... Only $18 too! Bargain. Wish I had more room in the bag for another one (damn 20KG baggage limits!!!)

Cheers

Nick

Even though ive raved about them....this summer my cooler bags just cant hack the heat. I now ferment in my soon to be kegging fridge with ice blocks. I reckon the cooler bags need an inch or two more insulation to keep the temps around 18-20.
Cheers
steve

Even though ive raved about them....this summer my cooler bags just cant hack the heat. I now ferment in my soon to be kegging fridge with ice blocks. I reckon the cooler bags need an inch or two more insulation to keep the temps around 18-20.
Cheers
steve

I ended up getting a fridgemate from Ross. Wired it up and it and using that with a spare fridge.
Glad I went with this option.

shallow tray! That's a good idea. I had a tee shirt on the fermenter with one end
in a bowl of water but the water ran out over night and the wicking was one sided.
Shallow tray next time!

-braufrau

well its just too hot. With a tray of water and two fans blowing on a wet tee shirt
the fermenter was getting to 27.

Off I went for a cooler bag (hoping there might be some discontinued stock). No luck.
So I got myself a big box from bunnings. Its just about the perfect size! Wrapped a blanket
around it, cut a hole for the airlock, and put in some frozen 2l milk bottles.

Its down to 22 today which is acceptable and I think it might go a degree or too lower.

-braufrau

I have a 100 can cooler but have not been able to find another one to increase my brewing during the cooler months.I bought something similar last week.It is called a 100 litre storage cell (used for storing toys etc ).
I cut the lid off it so that it fits easily over a Coopers fermenter.I placed the fermenter on an old towel (to absorb condensation) and put 2 1.25 litres of frozen water next to it and put the fabric cell over it all with a cardboard carton over it and a blanket over it. After three days of changing the ice once a day the fermenter temp is 17.7C compared with the garage temp of 25.5C.
RRP is $29.95 but I got mine for $24.95 at the local BCF camping store

http://www.oztrail.com.au/furniture/pantries.php

Size 48 x 60cm
Packs away flat
Made from heavy duty reinforced vinyl fabric
Full lid

Got two of them from Anaconda a week and a half ago at $25 each.
Works great with some ice clamps it gets down to around 20C.
The ice clamps are nice as you can fit three evenly spaced out around the fermenter, I got six of them and replace morning and late afternoon.

last time i was at bunnings i noticed that they had a similar item on the shelf

Back