0.5 Micron Stone With Air Pump

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sammus

Amateur Brewer
Reaction score
Has anyone tried a 0.5 micron stone with an air pump? Last I heard use a 2 micron with air pump, and 0.5 with O2 cylinder.

I would like to get a 0.5 though for now incase I get an oxy cylinder later, but will it work OK with an air pump? anyone tried both?

Hey Mate,

i got a 0.5 for my air pump and i'm pretty sure it didnt work... i can confirm it for you if u give me a minute

Cheers Rob.

ok i've got a 2 on my air pump and a 0.5 on my oxygen canister. tried the 0.5 on the air pump and it didnt work.
i've got a aqua serene 2 from craftbrewer linky
i'm not sure if there are more powerfull ones capable of working with the 0.5

hope this helps rob.

ok i've got a 2 on my air pump and a 0.5 on my oxygen canister. tried the 0.5 on the air pump and it didnt work.
i've got a aqua serene 2 from craftbrewer linky
i'm not sure if there are more powerfull ones capable of working with the 0.5

hope this helps rob.

Same here 2 on air pump and .5 on Oxygen canister. Sorry haven't tried the .5 on the air pump as I don't use it any more. Would think that the air pump would struggle with the .5 as it takes a bit of O pressure to get it flowing.

Screwy

I bought a 0.5 micron by mistake and it didn't work on my aquarium pump. The 2 micron only just works on my pump when using an inline filter. Maybe I need a biggerer pump..:blink:

I have an aquarium pump. It has no trouble pumping through a home made filter tube (filled with sanitised cotton balls). I us an airstone I bought at the pet shop, but don't know what size it is. Takes only 10 minutes before the fermenter is choc a bloc with foam.

Does anyone use the stones that pet shops use rather than stainless steel?

Latest posts

Back