You've got to be pretty dumb to do this, right?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stupid, stupid, stupid...

Everyone knows you're supposed to be cookin' meth in those things not shinin'.

livewiremjk said:
Bribie Island police swoop on illegal distilleries at two separate caravan sites
Emma Williams, Caboolture Shire Herald
Sen-Sgt Crawford-Raby said there was potential for this type of liquor to cause death or serious injury through the incorrect production.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/questnews/moreton/bribie-island-police-swoop-on-illegal-distilleries-at-two-separate-caravan-sites/news-story/2dae7b55210f294146c3f19bd197dae8
Yes... potential to cause harm is why the tax office and cops are all over this one. Doing it legally involved having an ABN, getting a permit and paying excise. Apparently paying $17/700ml tax addresses the harm aspect.

livewiremjk said:
[SIZE=16pt]Bribie Island police swoop [/SIZE]

Do you think Emmas draft was like,

Police discover, no, no, police pounce, no no, police plunge, oh, nearly - ah, police swoop, like mighty birds of prey! - yes!! :).

livewiremjk said:
[SIZE=16pt]Bribie Island police swoop on illegal distilleries at two separate caravan sites[/SIZE]

Sen-Sgt Crawford-Raby said there was potential for this type of liquor to cause death or serious injury through the incorrect production.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/questnews/moreton/bribie-island-police-swoop-on-illegal-distilleries-at-two-separate-caravan-sites/news-story/2dae7b55210f294146c3f19bd197dae8
This shit annoys me the most...
Misinformation to scare people out of something that should be legalized :angry2:
http://bookshop.europa.eu/en/a-study-on-the-possibilities-to-lower-the-content-of-methyl-alcohol-in-eaux-de-vie-de-fruits-pbCGNA16864/
Have a good read of the above, to get even close to dangerous amounts of methanol, one has to be reusing the tails from many, many hundreds (probably even thousands) of litres of wash/must from a fruit based wash (usually grappa or something else using fruit skins)
At this point it's going to taste like wet dog/horse blanket and most people wouldn't drink it anyway
People who sell and provide to minors are just ruining it for those who are trying to make this a legitimately legal hobby

sp0rk said:
At this point it's going to taste like wet dog/horse blanket and most people wouldn't drink it anyway
Except the hipsters, sour fans and Tim T of course. Just tell those donning the ironic beard that it's meant to taste that way and they'll marvel in appreciation.

If they're going to start locking them up they're gunna need a prison about the size of Sydney. Straight back to the 1700's - yet Australia considers itself to be a forward thinking country. Yeah right.
Next thing they'll be telling us Excise is for our own good, not just to keep the politicians flying first class and feed the unemployed ones caviar diets for the 40 years after they get voted out for piss poor performance.

The thing that really pisses me off about home distillation is the ridiculous excuses the authorities come up with to justify making it illegal for your own use. The same idiots think it's perfectly fine to sell you cigarettes that are proven to cause cancer & whatever else but it's fine, the tax & revenue raised makes it ok & legal.
Look at cannabis. Totally illegal because the grubs aren't getting a share of the proceeds so let's deem it illegal. What a pack of monopolizing biggets. Pharmaceutical companies don't want you to have a joint to relieve pain, anxiety or associated illnesses, instead, they want you to get a script that costs a ******* fortune & hopefully you'll get addicted to the shit. It's all about the dollars & nothing else & seriously, the so called authorities can go to hell! The way this country's going, it wouldn't surprise me one bit if we end up paying an air breathing tax.
Rant over.

Crusty said:
The thing that really pisses me off about home distillation is the ridiculous excuses the authorities come up with to justify making it illegal for your own use. The same idiots think it's perfectly fine to sell you cigarettes that are proven to cause cancer & whatever else but it's fine, the tax & revenue raised makes it ok & legal.
Look at cannabis. Totally illegal because the grubs aren't getting a share of the proceeds so let's deem it illegal. What a pack of monopolizing biggets. Pharmaceutical companies don't want you to have a joint to relieve pain, anxiety or associated illnesses, instead, they want you to get a script that costs a ******* fortune & hopefully you'll get addicted to the shit. It's all about the dollars & nothing else & seriously, the so called authorities can go to hell! The way this country's going, it wouldn't surprise me one bit if we end up paying an air breathing tax.
Rant over.
Air was already 50 euro cents last time I was there which is >10 years ago hahaha

its bad its all bad, alcohol is bad, breathing the air is bad.
i think i'll become a fish, no the water is bad.
have no more excuses. time to drown my sorrows

Drowning is bad, M'kay.
Sorrows are bad, M'kay.
Alcohol is bad, M'kay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wJXBUfcIOE

if only they sold a few snags as well the could have spawned the legend of the deep northern foodtruck speakeasy

Back