Your Favourite Tasted, Your Favourite Made ?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm with Jayse on this - impossible to pick one favourite. I have a few commercials that made me go WOW! when I tried them, but it depends on the food, the company, the weather, psychology......

Anyway, a few "WOW!" beers for me are (in no order): Aventinus Eisbock, Chimay Grand Reserve, Schrenkeler(sp?) Rauchbier, Knappstein Reserve Lager, Little Creatures PA, and Hoegaarden Grand Cru.

As far as my homebrews go, same story, but I have fond memories of my clone of Asher's Green tea Rice Lager, rauchbier, Irish dry stout, and my Belgian wit.

Cheers - Snow

Commercial, impossible to choose with all the once-off tastings of so many different beers.

Home brewed would probably be Four Saisons in One Day, by virtue of both how much I enjoyed it and how much everyone else who tried it liked it.

40286.jpg

This is the most hop tastic beer I've tasted!

4583.jpg

This is an estery malty delight.

mountain-goat-hightail-ale.jpg

and the MG hightail on tap from the wheaty in Adelaide.

As for HB, I've made plenty that I loved , but I'm still searchin for the house special

In terms of major commercial offerings (it's hardly major?) I love a Schneider Weisse Edel-Weisse (in the pale green label). Banana and cloves, banana and cloves...

I couldn't put my finger on a favourite all time beer. Sometimes it's probably not so much the beer, but the location that's memorable. I've enjoyed a fine Kolsch in Cologne and a superb cask ale in Manchester... their names escape me.

My favourite homebrew would be my first dry-hopped IPA. It just sang to me every time I opened a bottle. That last glass was a tearful farewell. Thank God for brewing notes, I've managed to repeat it within reasonable limits.

Toss up between Cantillon Gueuze and St Bernardus Abt 12. Fortunately I've given this some thought previously, otherwise I'd be listing dozens....

M best homebrew is still to come! :D I brewed an APA that I thoroughly enjoyed (and still do), but I've got a hunch that when it's ready, my Sassy Red's going to take the cake (just racked it, and could hardly tear my nose away from the trub). Can't wait to get into lambics.

Thanks for all the replys so far.......some very interesting brews are a popping up !!

How did i know you were going to mention a Wheaty Brau ? :p

Looking forward to trying some of your recommendations tonight, while in Adelaide...........will report back next week :beerbang:

Off to Adelaide, and then Aulbury for now. :super:

P.S. Kai, the Four Saisons looks like a beauty.

Some other responses in this thread are going to make me sound a bit ocker and uncultured, but it's LCPA. I've tried some of the German and Belgian brews, but my personal tastes lead me back to Little Creatures.

My best brew has been my small-batch first AG that spent the New Year period getting ready for drinking. This brew was inspired by LCPA, while it couldn't be called a clone, I enjoy it just as much if not more than a glass of LCPA.

I'm discovering the downside to small batches, I've only got 4 bottles left.... :(

Favourite commercial so far would have to be Pannepot, an "Old Fishermans Ale" produced by the Struise brewers in Belgium.

My favourite homebrew to date was an extract / partial Baltic Porter several years ago. I expect that to change over the next few months though.

Commercial: Piraat ale by Van Steenberg, brutally good beer.

HB: My "AleSmith" IPA clone, sort of a beginners IIPA, and unforutnaltey almost all other hoppy beers available locally become redundant one tasted.

Latest posts

Back