Yeast vs Yeast

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chubbytaxman

Reaction score
Howdy Brewers ...

Been on a little hiatus for a bit here .. Xmas and all ...
Need to get a brew happening today (not much time left in the day though) ... :blink:
I would love to try and get an English Mild style happening today if I can, however I am trying to use up what ingredients I have at this point ... (after Xmas and all ... lol)

I have these grains ... MO, Biscuit, Caramunich III, and Roast Barley (used these before to make a pretty good beer)
I also used EKG and Wyeast 1469 ...

Now the dilemma ... I only have S-23 (x1) .. US-05 (x1) ... Wyeast 2308 and Wyeast 3711 at my disposal.
I did save the yeast (Wyeast 1469) from the last batch I did (in brown PET bottles and in the fridge) but this was in August last year.
Is the saved yeast (1469) still good to go or would the 2308 ... US-05 be a better choice ...

Cheers all .. :beerbang:

chubby

I'd suggest "proving" the 1469 - I regularly use six month old fridged slurry with no ill effects.
Some LDME or spare wort, and see how well it comes back from its sleep.

If the brew you made with it was sound, I can't see a problem, it's basically just well matured bottled beer but with rather a lot of yeast in it :lol:

Sorry Bribie ... Just looked over my notes and found it was August 2014 ...
Geez ... cant read my own writing on the bottle :huh:

Will have a crack at trying to wake up the yeast as you suggest ..... *fingers crossed* ..

chubby

Latest posts

Back