Xxxx Summer Clone

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the recipes, much appreciated.

sorry for taking your topic a bit far sideways

I would use something like
Coopers Mex Cerveza
BE1 or maybe BE2
12g (tea bag) Cluster hops added to the fermentor

If you have some sort of temp control for fermenting use Notingham at 16c

QldKev

OK to try and clone this beer with a kit will be hard because it is so bland, I am not having a crack here either. I would try the following

1.7kg european Lager can
0.5 kg wheat spray malt
0.25kg cane sugar

Use S-23 Lager yeast at 18 degree.
After you bottle if possible leave for 10 days at 18 deg then put all of them in the fridge and Lager for as long as possible.

Cheers Brad

Yeah I know it's bland that's the idea, see my pub has an 8-ball team and the guys wanted to come out and use my table one night due to some function holding up the table at the local, I was trying to think of a homebrew beer everyone could drink; something easily slammed.

Yeah I know it's bland that's the idea, see my pub has an 8-ball team and the guys wanted to come out and use my table one night due to some function holding up the table at the local, I was trying to think of a homebrew beer everyone could drink; something easily slammed.

This is why Darts is much better.

Milky, in the interest of brewing, why not just brew your favourite home brew? They may not like it at first but if they drink enough of it I bet when they go back to their swill they will appreciate what they were drinking at your place. Thats how it began for me and many others I know.

i would look at something like this (all recipies are 20 Litres):

AG:

2kg BB Pale Malt
750g Dext
20g Cluster @ 60

mash very low. 62-63deg (maybe 1 or 2 lower??)

S189 yeast @ 9deg for ever and ever

Bung 8-10g of cluster in the fermenter and CC for a week.

Or Extract:

1.7kg Morgans Extra Pale Malt Extract
0.75kg Dext
Hops: same as above.
Yeast: Same as above

KnK: replace the extract tin for coopers mexican, and remove 60min hop addition. same yeast, and aroma hop.

Milky, in the interest of brewing, why not just brew your favourite home brew? They may not like it at first but if they drink enough of it I bet when they go back to their swill they will appreciate what they were drinking at your place. That's how it began for me and many others I know.

I could not agree more. Milky, Greg has made a good point why not present a beer that you like and call it your brew not an attempt at a bland beer. And if they dont like it they will bring the beers next time. I can see why you want to make a beer that is an easy drinker. But you could try to make a beer that could convert one or two to the fact that homebrew aint what it used to be and it can also be an easy drinker. A lager style beer is going to take a long time though.

Cheers

This is why Darts is much better.

+1000

Darts rules!

I regularly hold Beer, Darts, Poker and Pie nights around my house for the fellas. Great time to be had by all. (apart from the next day cleanup...)

I'd be happy for them to drink my brews, problem being I've only been brewing a bit over a month and the few brews that have matured aren't "the nicest tasting" drinks around, drinkable but I don't think will be appreciated. I hope to aspire to converting some of the lads to homebrew, every beer tastes better then the last.

P.S. I play darts also.

hey milky. did you end up brewing the XXXX summer? if so, how did it taste? what recipe did you end up going with?

milky has not been seen for a while, probably brewed his xxxx shitter clone and gave up......

Back